Yet More LeGrand Fab Work

Per
Update by Per Schroeder to the LeGrand Mk 18 project car
Jan 11, 2010

The Wilwood pull-type clutch slave cylinder mounts to one of the bars.
The next big project is our header—the pieces are all there, we just need to make them all fit.

We spent some more time in the garage fabricating the rest of the engine mounts. There are eight mounts for the ZX10R engine in the bike and we decided that there was probably a reason for that, so we incorporated all of them into our strategy.

Thankfully, the upper four were nearly perfectly in line with some of our engine bay’s reinforcements, allowing us to tie into them with minimal extra weight and complexity.

We were also able to mount the new Wilwood pull-type clutch slave cylinder to one of the upper mounts. This takes the place of the cable type clutch and utilizes our car’s original hydraulic system.

Finally, we started adapting our KZ header to the ZX10. We got a used Muzzy stainless header from a good friend, Travis Schneider for free—which we promptly cut apart to scavenge the four mounting flanges and the initial 90-degree bend in the primary tubes.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more project updates.
Comments
View comments on the GRM forums
Sponsored by

GRM Ad Dept

Our Preferred Partners
h8bcAM8rjDdudeiHnWurJtuISrNVmmamTv6ZwttjnJqdaqao3QrVOYj64ch8bRMx