Aug 2, 2014 update on Will's 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

Killed the engine, so...upgrades

I killed the engine at an autocross. Turned out I spun the #6 rod bearing, which toasted the crank, too. So a new crank, rods, gaskets, seals, valve springs, etc. went in. I added an Improved Racing oil pan baffle and SLP high-volume oil pump to try to prevent a repeat of the problem.

While I was at it, I added a Ram twin-disc clutch, Kirkey passenger seat, and new driver’s side seat mount. My goal was to get weight down from 3346 to under 3300, but it ended up at 3260, so I’ve got that going for me.


Our Preferred Partners