Jan 16, 2011 update on ditchdigger's 1971 Fiat 850 Berlina

A new motor

update image

I am now starting the new motor. 65mm bore X 63.5mm stroke for a whopping 843cc. I decided that on this one I would try out the techline ceramic coatings and dry film lubricants. It went against every fiber of my being to take new main and rod bearings out of their packages and then sandblast them, but that is what the instructions state to do. Scary!

I also put the camshaft in the lathe and cut the casting flash and out of roundness out to attempt and ballance it a bit better. It was over 1/4” out of round in spots.

 

Our Preferred Partners
opc5K7ITHFIv6mjrt5cmCFcFF0uYW78jTJmg2PC8HmxHFZsh9Avcd27X6vKKXoC3