Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/23 5:45 p.m.

Looks like a great potential Challenge car!

It's a private group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/132914756893735/permalink/2194983794020144/?mibextid=UUgoR4

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
1/21/23 5:53 p.m.

Wow. Nice find!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/21/23 5:56 p.m.

Im glad and sad that this is the opposite corner of the continent from me. Its a way better idea than the Dakota rt. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
1/22/23 9:43 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Im glad and sad that this is the opposite corner of the continent from me. Its a way better idea than the Dakota rt. 

Seconded.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/23 11:53 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Seconded.

Thirdeded

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/23 12:01 p.m.

Plus, in certain parts of Minnasooota it's better than a truck.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/22/23 4:14 p.m.

I used to race a Hyundai built version of the Arrow. I love those cars. 

Bigben
Bigben HalfDork
2/2/23 12:25 a.m.

I'd be tempted if it were closer. In high school I had a 1979 Arrow with an automatic and a 1.something liter engine I think. If I rev'd it up in neutral and slammed it into drive I could get it to spin the tires on gravel. I paid $40 for it drove it for a year racking up about 14k miles on back roads and then sold it back for $40 to the junkyard my brother worked at. The fuel tank was so rusty if you tried to fill past E it would just leak out, which means it held about 3 gallons. I used to drive my mom's paper route in it sliding around at about 55 on pothole infested dirt roads. I would carry two, gallon jugs of water and a 2.5 gallon gas can in the back. Halfway through the route I'd pull over, open the hatch, empty the gas can into the tank, and dump one gallon of water all over the radiator and the other I'd pour on the front rotors.

It was such a hunk of junk, but still it had a cool three spoke steering wheel, sporty gauge layout, bucket seats and RWD.  I better one could have made a cool little muscle car. A K swap or LS swap would be awesome in an Arrow. 

ToManyProjects
ToManyProjects New Reader
2/8/23 8:15 p.m.

If this was within a thousand miles I would have jumped on this like a trampoline.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/11/23 11:30 a.m.

We had one or two running here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was the way to get the largest engine in ITB. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NL6eAEexd9OnkIjzmKkhAm3CrmbJ2aO77ogDPo9TqVDUJNyhI6R0kMraSm61XuCE