1 2
RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
6/30/12 11:44 a.m.

Yaay! I can make that happen...Also fyi..subaru still makes the brackets that always turn to earth on those cars. I ordered a set awhile back for my 2.5RS and they're the same ones.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
7/3/12 7:02 p.m.

So I have it home. My son wants to call it "Mr. the King", and my wife wonders if we should swap the wrx drivetrain into it, as she's always been a sucker for blue, and our wrx wagon is rotting before our eyes. Thank you Value Pack.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
7/4/12 2:54 a.m.

It's bad luck to change the name of a boat. The Impreza was known by myself and a few others as "BRP Theatre", to a great many licenseless coworkers as "Tard Barge". Call the car what you please, just don't tell the car.

I also dig your wife's idea, I'd like pics if this happens!

sachilles
sachilles Dork
7/4/12 8:55 a.m.

I must admit that it caused me to lose a little sleep last night. I figured for price of gas/beer/donuts, it was worth it just for the bumper and a few wiring bits. Really seems like that would be a real waste.

I see my options

-drop a replacement ej251 in it, drive it. Rallycross it.

-drop a replacement ej251 in it, add cage and hillclimb it. The downside is the body is heavier than the 02 impreza sedan body I already have. However, thinking of a Rally America approved car and a Open Light prep level. My current race car cage is not legal for this. However I don't think I can realistically expect to rally it, as it is just too expensive.

-transfer wrx parts to it and daily drive it

-transfer wrx parts to my race car(has n/a ej251), motor from my race car to this wagon.

My 02 wrx wagon despite having less miles, appears to have more rust, but I haven't looked underneath yet. The househould plan is to retire the wrx wagon next summer or so. The car is in good shape other than rust.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
7/4/12 11:53 a.m.
sachilles wrote: I must admit that it caused me to lose a little sleep last night.

Welcome to my world, I smell a "Dirty TS Build Thread" afoot. The smart thing would be to take the new parts hoard and fix up the other cars, but what fun is that?

I'm satisfied with the trade. Top shelf beer and donuts, and enough room in the lot to pull off a brake job on the Forester yesteday. Job done.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9kc2IV9QyHdDZ8aPZ3wEPVbAZ75xzWe9KEE1avKH3mZqYwjjyR3aSOLvhCbKmZXq