Ok, I sent you a PM.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/5/17 8:18 a.m.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/5/17 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

Hmmm... I guess I'll take that as a "No thank you"?

Spinout007
5/5/17 9:48 a.m.

whoops... punched out a reply and forgot to hit send.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/5/17 2:16 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

You know where to find me if you change your mind.

Spinout007
5/5/17 3:53 p.m.

I did promise she would make it to the challenge

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/5/17 3:55 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

Yep.

I would have already taken her, but I had too much money in it. This would fix that!

I'd be happy to take her to the dance, for both of us!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/5/17 10:33 p.m.

Oh man, this temptress keeps calling, slightly sweeter and slightly louder by the day.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
5/6/17 10:52 a.m.

Tempting since I'm somewhat local. I love these oddball scoobys...especially with the manual swap already done. I'll send you an email. If I could find a cheap way to get it to st augustine and an engine hoist to borrow I would be sold on it.

Yes, I would challenge it and daily it once its sorted.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/6/17 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Hoondavan:

I have a truck, trailer, engine hoist, and an engine stand in Jax ... no more excuses.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/6/17 6:19 p.m.
Robbie wrote: Oh man, this temptress keeps calling, slightly sweeter and slightly louder by the day.

I'm trying to forget this exists but it keeps popping up.

Spinout007
5/6/17 10:27 p.m.

I think she's going to stay with me a bit longer. After a conversation with a friend I just need to suck it up, put out an all hands on deck call and see if I can't get it back on the road in a day with the help of some friends, lunch, and beer.

Stampie
5/6/17 10:30 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

I'm up for lunch, beer, and those two would make you a friend in my eye. Let me know if I can help.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
5/7/17 10:46 a.m.

Sounds like it may be too late, but I forwarded the ad to my 15 year old nephew. I'm curious what his response will be.

Spinout007
5/7/17 11:13 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Sounds like it may be too late, but I forwarded the ad to my 15 year old nephew. I'm curious what his response will be.

My answer would have been no... Dear lord his parents would have killed you. The amount of trouble this thing would have caused. This car as a teenager would probably have landed me behind bars. I know of one kid who it cost them their license.

Spinout007
5/7/17 11:17 a.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to Spinout007: I'm up for lunch, beer, and those two would make you a friend in my eye. Let me know if I can help.

I'll let you know! your young'n (I want to say daughter if I recall correctly) is welcome as well. lots of woods, couple of dogs, a chicken, swingset, kick scooter etc to play with. It would be at my parents place, and my nieces/nephews range from 2-15. So I'm sure we can find something for them to play with if we can find something for them to do with the car.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
5/7/17 11:20 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote:
MrJoshua wrote: Sounds like it may be too late, but I forwarded the ad to my 15 year old nephew. I'm curious what his response will be.
My answer would have been no... Dear lord his parents would have killed you. The amount of trouble this thing would have caused. This car as a teenager would probably have landed me behind bars. I know of one kid who it cost them their license.

I put the older one in my evil looking E46. It only got him in trouble with the law once.

Spinout007
5/7/17 11:25 a.m.

In reply to MrJoshua:

LOL almost twice... but the second wasn't because of the car.

Stampie
5/7/17 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

He's a he but he'd love that. To be honest he's shy and loves cars so he's more likely to be right beside me watching what's going on.

Spinout007
5/7/17 12:03 p.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to Spinout007: He's a he but he'd love that. To be honest he's shy and loves cars so he's more likely to be right beside me watching what's going on.

I'm sorry man, to be honest it's been a long 1.5 years since we met at the challenge in 2015. That's always cool that he wants to watch and be involved! Honestly, I hated working on cars with my dad as a kid. I wish I would have paid more attention.

Stampie
5/7/17 1:35 p.m.

No biggy. I think he had long hair then. He just doesn't have the beard like me to show he's a boy.

Spinout007
5/16/17 10:13 a.m.

Going up to Gainesville Friday night/Saturday morning to dig in on the engine refresh/swap. Anyone that wants to lend is hand Saturday is welcome. Kids are welcome, there is a swingset with monkey bars and climbing wall on site, as well as 40 acres of woods to roam. Couple of medium sized dogs that love to chase things that are thrown as well as a chicken that thinks it's a dog. Let me know ahead of time, and I'll have a cooler with beverages of your choice and will supply lunch. Email me at screen name at google mail, or pm's should reach me for directions/address (GPS will only get you so close). After GRM threw this thread on social media I'm not posting my phone number again.

Stampie
5/16/17 11:28 a.m.

Woohoo Subaru party. Just emailed.

Spinout007
5/16/17 2:31 p.m.

I'll get you after work man. Thanks!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WXMystQjk0UXpj1Yeero709aoTaskDCnmFl6Ju1VGYMNsCtcko3MtYWU8ekYmKlj