1 2 3
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/1/18 4:41 p.m.

First up the Champ. Yes I bought it Friday.  Yes it's only two days later. Why is it for sale? Because I just can't come up with a Challenge build that I don't say ok after one year I'll move on to the next build. Plus it's probably too nice to put a 4G63 in the rear seat.  Price is $105 which is what I paid for it. For those that said it was too far away last week it's now about 200 miles further north in Jacksonville, FL.

Nice original condition but does have some rust issues around the edges.

Stampie
4/1/18 4:43 p.m.

Next up we have the 2002 Infiniti Q45.  It's in as raced in the $2017 Challenge condition. Could use electric fans and power steering if you're into that kinda thing. Comes with all spares.  Priced at our budget of $860. 

Stampie
4/1/18 4:49 p.m.

And finally the 1976 Lotus Elite.

No engine or trans and I doubt it'll even be restored but supposedly has a new frame which could be all kinds of fun in a build. Comes with enough parts that you could become rich on eBay or at least probably zero it out. $1000 cause that's a nice even number.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/1/18 4:52 p.m.

I wish the lotus wasn’t hideous

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/1/18 5:01 p.m.

Why is that Infiniti temping me? I know it's ugly and beat, yet oddly it's singing a sirens song.

Stampie
4/1/18 5:17 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Barely Functional-Guy :

Because it runs 14.3 quarter miles and can burn both rears at will?

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
4/1/18 5:23 p.m.

At this rate, the Champ will be back within striking distance of Chicago in no time. 

Come to Poppa...

Stampie
4/1/18 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Grow a set and fly and drive ... not confirmed but I'm told it needs a cv (included) and the tank is questionable. Lots of boat gas tanks down here in FL.

Patrick
4/1/18 5:49 p.m.

New name:  stampie’s “I can’t fit a big caddy engine in any of these” sale

Stampie
4/1/18 5:58 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

You know me well sir.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/1/18 6:00 p.m.
Stampie said:

This is the 340 hp V8 Infiniti right?

Off to search the interwebs for engine size information. 

Could this be the donor I seek for my TR4 ?

Patrick
4/1/18 6:05 p.m.
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy said:
Stampie said:

340hp 4.5 v8 and it sounds pretty darn good.  The limited slip diff will get you back a couple hundred dollars.  

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
4/1/18 6:06 p.m.

I almost grabbed that Champ a year ago.  Has anything happened with it since?  Has it been started?

Stampie
4/1/18 6:08 p.m.
Stampie said:

It does have a CEL for the variable cam actuator so it might be slightly down. 

Stampie
4/1/18 6:09 p.m.
Klayfish said:

I almost grabbed that Champ a year ago.  Has anything happened with it since?  Has it been started?

I was told it runs but on Friday the battery was dead so we didn't try. Easy enough to load something that light.  

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/1/18 6:12 p.m.
Patrick said:

I wish the lotus wasn’t hideous

I wish it wasn’t so far gone. I’d really like one of these, but it needs to be in mostly complete/functioning/presentable condition. 

Stampie
4/1/18 6:22 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I have complete faith that you can attempt to make it so or just sell off all the parts and build a kick ass exolotus of the frame. 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
4/1/18 6:31 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Cooter :

Grow a set and fly and drive ...

LoL. I done Fly-N-Drives, Ride-N-Drives, Bus-N-Drives, and Train-N-Drives all over the US. "Growing a set" is hardly the issue. 

The point is never to be so foolish that you overspend to bring a rusty vehicle right back the the town it came from. 

Stampie
4/1/18 6:54 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Lol $105 is a bargain for an adventure ...

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
4/1/18 7:14 p.m.

Why is that Infiniti temping me? I know it's ugly and beat, yet oddly it's singing a sirens song.

I know. The Infiniti’s combination of sleeper vibe, performance, and a good story is making me wish I had project car cash laying around. I would drive it, my wife would probably hate it, and the kid would think it was awesome. It would be the perfect tool for surprising local Subaru bros if I were into that sort of thing.

The Champ has Lemons rally written all over it :D

Stampie
4/1/18 7:23 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen44 - Jon :

It has a salvage title and only one Kirkey seat right now but I have two more so the whole family can ride. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
4/1/18 7:42 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Heh, sounds perfect for dog hauling! Sadly right now all I can do is window shop.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/1/18 10:32 p.m.
Stampie said:
Klayfish said:

I was told it runs but on Friday the battery was dead so we didn't try. Easy enough to load something that light.  

I slapped together a little drip system with a bottle and some aquarium airline tubing, it ran, like crap, but it ran. If I squeezed the bottle it would flood it.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/1/18 10:34 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 - Jon said:

I know. The Infiniti’s combination of sleeper vibe, performance, and a good story is making me wish I had project car cash laying around. I would drive it, my wife would probably hate it, and the kid would think it was awesome. It would be the perfect tool for surprising local Subaru bros if I were into that sort of thing.

The Champ has Lemons rally written all over it :D

It's already wearing a concours de lemon's sticker in one window!!! You're a shoe in!

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
4/2/18 8:27 a.m.

Somebody needs to put the infiniti drivetrain in the Champ

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WnYzUjKyXXVvkS8BQGm5YAp9hZJNES0GJsvReCSk1SfwKODl6CZjC4DYvRIsvuFw