1 2 3
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/2/18 8:31 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:
Patrick said:

I wish the lotus wasn’t hideous

I wish it wasn’t so far gone. I’d really like one of these, but it needs to be in mostly complete/functioning/presentable condition. 

You have Corvette I know you're trying to sell. There is a lotus. Both are fiberglass. You live in heat country. Boats are fiberglass.  Lots of supplies. You fill in the blanks . 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/18 8:49 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I have complete faith that you can attempt to make it so or just sell off all the parts and build a kick ass exolotus of the frame. 

Seriously, if the body wasn’t so far gone on yours I’d probably attempt to stuff this spare Miata drivetrain in it instead of building a Locost, but I learned years ago that I don’t do bodywork. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/18 8:51 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Pete Gossett said:
Patrick said:

I wish the lotus wasn’t hideous

I wish it wasn’t so far gone. I’d really like one of these, but it needs to be in mostly complete/functioning/presentable condition. 

You have Corvette I know you're trying to sell. There is a lotus. Both are fiberglass. You live in heat country. Boats are fiberglass.  Lots of supplies. You fill in the blanks . 

Bodywork, much like carpentry, are skills I have neither the patience nor talent to complete in an acceptable manner. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/2/18 9:43 a.m.
Justjim75 said:

Somebody needs to put the infiniti drivetrain in the Champ

Buy the Q45 and I'll throw in the Champ just to see this swap .

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/2/18 9:45 a.m.

So is the elite a wagon!?!?!!!!

Stampie
4/2/18 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

You have my vote for yes. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/2/18 9:49 a.m.
Stampie said:
Justjim75 said:

Somebody needs to put the infiniti drivetrain in the Champ

Buy the Q45 and I'll throw in the Champ just to see this swap .

You've got this all wrong. Someone needs to throw the q45 drivetrain in the elite...

The stock champ can be your parts runner and pit vehicle.

Stampie
4/2/18 10:27 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Actually that's what I originally got the Q45 for.

Gerbzz
Gerbzz New Reader
4/2/18 4:17 p.m.

Any more Pics of the Q45? i can come pick her up this weekend been looking for a new boat 

Stampie
4/2/18 5:11 p.m.
Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin PowerDork
4/3/18 12:12 p.m.
Stampie said:
Klayfish said:

I almost grabbed that Champ a year ago.  Has anything happened with it since?  Has it been started?

I was told it runs but on Friday the battery was dead so we didn't try. Easy enough to load something that light.  

It should run with a gravity feed.   When I "sold" the Champ it ran under it's own power, and that was what......6 months ago?  It does need a CV.  The fuel tank has an obstruction.  I could get it to run and drive by blowing out the fuel line with compressed air, but it was a temporary fix.   Slap a new gastank in there, and an arrive and drive would be possible.   When I owned it, I took it on a 2200 mile trip without any major issues. 

Someone needs to save the Mighty Champ!!!!     Here's more inspiration!  

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/3/18 2:34 p.m.

Stampie do you know if the Q45 diff is bolt-in to 350Z/G35? Z/G use 6-bolt axle flanges I believe

Stampie
4/3/18 3:30 p.m.

Yesish. This is a 350z diff. We just swapped the input flange to make work in the Q45. I guess the flange could be swapped back but we didn't keep the Z one. 

Stampie
4/3/18 3:51 p.m.

And to clarify that only the 3rd gen Q45 diff that's interchangeish. 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
4/3/18 3:54 p.m.

I'd be interested in the champ but it would be months (probably challenge time) before I could arrange any sort of pickup.  Maybe the next time it's for sale it will be further north still.

Stampie
4/3/18 3:55 p.m.

Got an email with pending dibbs on the Champ. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/3/18 9:28 p.m.

Good, I don't have to buy it back!

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
4/4/18 6:44 a.m.

If someone wants to haul the Champ to the suburbs of Atlanta, my 14 year old son (and I)  would give it a good home.  I nearly picked it up last summer when it was originally for "sale", but that was because we were literally driving to a family vacation in Disney World at the time.  Since we were going to be in the vicinity of GRM anyway, I contemplated getting a tow dolly and going to grab it.  But I got the stink eye from the wife, much to the dismay of our son.  I'm not heading to Florida anytime soon though, not until June.

architect7779
architect7779 New Reader
4/4/18 7:10 a.m.

does the elite have any interior? pictures?

Stampie
4/4/18 10:02 a.m.

In reply to architect7779 :

No interior as far as seats and carpet and most what people call interior. Dash is out but sitting inside.  Pictures:

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/6/18 11:03 p.m.

You've got mail

Stampie
4/7/18 7:09 a.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Replied

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
4/8/18 7:15 p.m.

Is the Champ sold?  If not can it fit on your trailer headed to OH?  The health of my marriage (and probably my personal safety) depend on the answer.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/18 8:51 p.m.

He’s got a car coming North with him already....

Stampie
4/8/18 9:02 p.m.

In reply to minivan_racer :

Yeah I'm having hard enough problem trying to fit an 53x86 package much less a Champ.  Current Champ staus is first dibs hasn't responded in several days so I'm going let let second dibs know they're on deck. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EbK9hLNUBnHOxCE8XDFmjyhiHlmGUE5ZuIVBEnRHDp2tLLUdEtYelyR4VJeQAY9x