Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/1/19 9:10 a.m.

Did anyone happen to get any photos or videos of my car on the autocross course?  I sometimes find these to be helpful when trying to make set up adjustments - ride height, sway bars, etc.  I've seen a few pics from the pits and concourse, but nothing on track yet.  Thanks!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/1/19 9:31 a.m.

It looked fast but I haven't figured out how to transfer my brain videos yet.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/19 10:02 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

Did I read elsewhere that it still has the stock engine? It appeared to accelerate fast! Like I would have expected a V8 fast. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/1/19 10:05 a.m.

Found these shots on the "Challenge Slide Show" Page

Lof8 - Andy
11/1/19 10:15 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Thanks!

Lof8 - Andy
11/1/19 10:17 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

Did I read elsewhere that it still has the stock engine? It appeared to accelerate fast! Like I would have expected a V8 fast. 

Stock engine + header. I did a fair bit of weight reduction. Ran 15.5 in the drags, so not super fast. 

n8
n8 New Reader
11/1/19 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Even stock they're usually pretty quick off the line since they have plenty of rear weight bias and decent power. Weight reduction just makes it even better. Any idea what it weighs?

Lof8 - Andy
11/1/19 10:44 a.m.

I don't. I was hoping to weigh it at the challenge. But there were no scales like I remembered seeing in the past

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/1/19 10:54 a.m.

It's very cool to me to see this there! Obviously I know first hand how cheap these things can be and how fun they are. I was surprised by the speed everyone said they were slow but they're lighter than an NB Miata with similar or more power and better weight distribution so they're pretty quick really!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/19 11:02 a.m.

Very cool car. Nonack and I spent about 15 minutes staring at the engine compartment discussing swaptions. Not like they are really necessary.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/1/19 11:33 a.m.
Robbie said:

swaptions. 

My new favorite word

Lof8 - Andy
11/1/19 11:34 a.m.

A Toyota 2zz is the easy button and good for about 30 hp and gives you the poor mans lotus. But a Honda k swap would be rad. A home brew turbo on the stock engine is probably cheaper than both of those.  The open diff is already a limiting factor at stock power levels though. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zxCtnjI8Rq1D5yLZzhxbHTRtjcQNBrQC7ar6tg26ff9lDp4Qiwgvf3SkV7UDeLUK