1 2
racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
6/24/16 6:31 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
914Driver wrote: Double, scan through old GRM articles and find the one where Tim build a Catterham 7 using Miata gear. It always looks easy when someone else does it, but it was a very cool car when finished. Dan
That's the CMC Locost build. That car had some problems that never made it into the magazine (like the fact that the diff fell out pretty much immediately due to a design problem), but with some tweaking they can be made to work really well However, the existence of the Exocet has made a Locost a much tougher sell. And this sounds like it would be an excellent Exocet donor.

CMC used to be around the corner from me. I drove the car they built at Road Atlanta at a Lotus event, and it was BY FAR the most oversteery car in existence. As soon as you even thought about turning the wheel you had to go to opposite lock. No amount of pressure changes or even driving changes could change that. I ended up with the 2nd fastest autocross time that day, but it was all done at a 45 degree angle. It was fun, but never had a proper development program. Before they folded, they were working on a Miata based Lotus 11 project. That would have been fun.

I think all this means I have nothing relevant to add to thread...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/26/16 2:51 p.m.

Well, it's official...

CWR67 left with the roller a short while ago.

Double Wishbone- take good care of him! I'm looking forward to hearing about his antics in and around Daytona!

CWR67
CWR67 New Reader
6/27/16 5:55 p.m.

And we made it back with no issues at all. Thanks for all the help SVreX!

Double_Wishbone
Double_Wishbone Reader
6/29/16 3:09 p.m.

Rolled the car out yesterday onto Chuck's trailer. Enjoy!!

SVreX, I owe you for helping me sell the car.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/29/16 6:03 p.m.

Nah- it worked for both of us.

(Hopefully it works for Chuck, too!)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zI0hAiXQF7n858vTIoRyzHP8fr8hzjHbZQIV2WEne08bO6Myh10Y0P1czBnRtRF5