ratghia
ratghia Reader
5/29/09 8:31 p.m.

I am looking for a headliner for my 1984 (American built) Rabbit. The car is a sunroof but let me know what you have. I would also appreciate it if someone could send me pics of one in a car. I don't think it would have been a bow type but I don't know (car was missing it when I bought it).

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
5/29/09 8:45 p.m.

I don't know about the Rabbit headliner holds up, but I just pulled the headliner from my 1992 GTI and it was completely toast. The fabric had seperated from the fiberglass type backing and backing had more or less turned to dust. Pretty nasty actually.

I would recommend finding somewhere that makes replacement parts. JC Whitney has one for $115. Not sure what kind of quality it is or how well it would fit.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Reader
5/29/09 10:06 p.m.

Its a cardboard backer. Since the Wabbit is so small, go get yourself some stiff cardboard from an appliance store or home warehouse, cut to size, wrap with felt from a fabric store, and install. Total cost $20 or so.

Fixed a few A1s like that and all looked factory.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
5/29/09 10:26 p.m.

I think I am going to try to make one this weekend I just figured I would see if someone had one for sale.

cagedbunny
cagedbunny New Reader
5/29/09 10:50 p.m.

$500, comes with a car!

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/fs-84-rabbit-gti-in-nc/10553/page1/

ratghia
ratghia Reader
5/30/09 10:36 a.m.

Can you please post a picture of the headliner at the rear section and the rear post. I have no idea how it goes together because the po took it out because the material was coming unglued.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5TjQVuN1gHt0u6wWt7O4jbvi8Q1nW9KPdKk1ClLnP19rZshMsDTLQCfNPPTLPt3A