BIGTSV
BIGTSV
7/15/08 10:55 a.m.

I have a 1968 AH Sprite( non Bug Eye) that is a roller but I have every piece for the car in labels bags and its like a big giant model right now. The people we got it from took the whole car and motor apart to do a ground up restore, we bought it thinking it would be a good project but I can not find the time to get it done. So I would like to sell it. It has some rust in the front fenders area close to the door and a small hole in the drivers floor, other than thoses spots the car is not rusty. It does have some dings here and there. Asking $600 for the whole project. Located in Central Ohio and can help with delievery. I will try and post some pics soon.

jdmae92
jdmae92 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/15/08 3:15 p.m.

I would be interested in pictures. What part of central ohio are you in?

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
7/15/08 4:20 p.m.

we must see this quickly!!!!

This could be an awesome weekend......Leave Friday afternoon and travel from Illinois to Central Ohio and pickup AH Sprite.

Travel to Mid-Ohio Track, camp overnite and watch the Indy Cars qualify.

Then drive home on Saturday night across Indiana on US 30.

JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
7/15/08 5:53 p.m.

He is located just west of Columbus.

*EDIT....if you were to go from his home to Mid Ohio, Rte 42 is pretty much a straight shot.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/15/08 6:03 p.m.

On a related note, i know where a rusty bugeye is for sale around here, cheap. Guy has reportedly bought all the metal, just hasn't welded it in yet.

jdmae92
7/15/08 11:43 p.m.

Please buy this Pete...I don't need the temptation to buy two projects at once.

slefain
slefain Dork
7/16/08 7:49 a.m.
jdmae92 wrote: Please buy this Pete...I don't need the temptation to buy two projects at once.

Just take both projects and combine them, that way it's just one project.....

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
7/16/08 7:54 a.m.

I am supposed to pickup this 240Z in two weeks. The wife is steaming at this point.........Hey, Did I complain about devoting a closet to Creative Memories and all those die cuts?

jdmae92
7/16/08 12:24 p.m.
jdmae92 wrote: Please buy this Pete...I don't need the temptation to buy two projects at once. Just take both projects and combine them, that way it's just one project.....

Hmmm...Sprite with a mustang 289. Then I could get a 302 and T5 for the mustang. It could work out.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/17/08 8:22 a.m.

I'm just glad my garage is full. Tom is less than an hour from me too..

...although I do have this '84 GSL just sitting around...

Stan

BIGTSV
BIGTSV New Reader
7/17/08 11:11 p.m.

Sorry I have no pics up yet . I have been working 2.5 jobs this week. I will take some soon I promise!

Im very close to route 42 and about 16 minutes west of Columbus

midknight
midknight New Reader
7/18/08 2:31 a.m.

Hi Tim, Tried to PM you but that didn't work I think. Any more info on that bugeye? Feel free to pm me

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/18/08 6:57 a.m.

It did, I just didn't reply. Sorry bout that. I did forward your message on to my father-in-law, who actually knows the guy and has seen the car. Hope to hear something back soon.

Sandman88
Sandman88
11/24/11 8:30 p.m.

In reply to BIGTSV: I used to have a 68' AH Sprite had it all cherried out but had to sell it to move from UCSD, San Diego to UW, Seattle, WA. The person I sol it to totalled it in 4 months and it made me sick!! Any time line on pics..I also rebuilt a 58 MG w/ a 61' engine...70 mph all the way from Sacramento to San Diego during Vietnam and did not miss a gear!! 'HJ" Martin, hjsandman@gmail.com

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/24/11 8:39 p.m.

wow back from the dead, over 3 years old thread

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Sf8CFsoGEmcaDTs4aVDioFgIlSJvajVIuQExkdbPRjNhkiz6EK9QqiSWZDp2XUDq