gearhead313
gearhead313 New Reader
8/6/10 1:34 p.m.

This is my 1984 Nissan/Datsun 200sx. I've had it since 10/2009 and am the third owner. It came from ohio in 2005 and before that it was in North Carolina. Its a very clean and rust free car.

When I purchased the car, it was about half put together from the previous owner rebuilding the top end of the engine. It is now finished and runs and sounds great. Some of the new parts would include head gasket, valve cover gasket, timing belt and water pump. I put a brand new set of tires on it, a new OEM clutch and a full turbo-back exhaust. I also rebuilt the right rear wheel hub with new seals and bearings. The emergency brake cables are new as well. In the front I swapped the entire lower control arm with a new one that includes the lower ball joint. These are all MOOG parts by the way, not cheap replacements. The sway bar links and mount bushings are new in the front also. The entire steering rack and pinion including tie rods are also brand new. Its since been aligned and tracks great down the road.

In the engine bay, I removed the factory hot pipe that connects the turbocharger outlet to the throttle body with a custom side mount intercooler from a DSM (eclipse/talon). I also plumbed an aftermarket turboxs blow off valve. This allows the air to be cooled before it enters the engine and help the car run stronger and more consistent. In the future, if the new owner wanted to install a full front mounted intercooler, it would be quite easy to upgrade.

It has the digital dash as well as fuel computer factory under the radio. More options include removable sunroof, power windows/mirrors, tilt wheel, cruise control, voice system, etc. The air conditioning blows very cold!

The rest of the interior is good to fair. The dash is in great shape. The door panels though you can see are worn as well as the upper sill panels that go around the rear quarter glass. I also could not find the factory radio to install, so I left that up to the new owner to decide what they want to install. There are no speakers in the car that I know of as well. I also tried looking for a factory shift knob, but with no luck.

first one here with 1800 can take it.. and i did put a shift knob on it!

also just put a new alternator in it.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Reader
8/6/10 2:38 p.m.

omg, I so want this, but I can't. well, I can, but I have a savings goal.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
8/6/10 8:13 p.m.

I owned a 1985 non-turbo 5-speed model that had the IRS. I bought the front and rear Nissan Turbo spoiler and added them to my car. Your pictures really bring back memories. Great Car!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/6/10 10:37 p.m.

Yeah, memories. My brother had a non-turbo 200SX. Now that I think about it, he bought it from our parents.

53sled
53sled New Reader
8/6/10 11:59 p.m.

I had an 84 turbo in high school. so much fun. wish i was closer and needed a toy.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 New Reader
8/7/10 12:02 a.m.

FYI, if anyone down south ends up picking this up, there are TONS of parts for these floating around the Atlanta junkyards; Turbo and N/A.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
8/7/10 7:27 a.m.

I think I remember this car being for sale on here last year. Did it also have a twin for sale with it? Sweet looking car,wish I had the money/space. Good luck,and I hope it finds a good home.

-C

gearhead313
gearhead313 New Reader
8/9/10 11:29 a.m.

Thanks guys. It is IFS and a blast to drive. It might have been posted up with my other 85 turbo car that had the ca18det swap, but both cars were in repair. I ended up selling the other one and finished this one. Its a ton of fun, but I have a celica alltrac to attend to!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/9/10 12:12 p.m.

THAT CAR IS BITCHIN!

Alas, I am broke and haz no moneys

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
8/9/10 12:20 p.m.
gearhead313 wrote: Thanks guys. It is IFS and a blast to drive. It might have been posted up with my other 85 turbo car that had the ca18det swap, but both cars were in repair. I ended up selling the other one and finished this one. Its a ton of fun, but I have a celica alltrac to attend to!

Cerica ArrTrac? Tell me more.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1ypGLFPz7JqQ1OyEffzKsgixWX1aVziB8pXLism5ajbpNvyCxOEGciFw8TWfVD0D