Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera New Reader
5/21/12 5:56 a.m.

I have a complete, rolling Locost book chassis and a disassembled '96 Miata that I will never get around to finishing. The Miata had 46K miles on it and has a clear title. I have all the Miata parts needed for the Locost. Also have nose cone. Pictures this evening. Parts located near Charleston, WV. Asking $1200 for all of it. email direct to: slash5bmw@yahoo.com

I'm also selling my '74 MGB GT. A solid driver.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
5/21/12 7:30 a.m.

More info on the GT?

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/12 8:11 a.m.

After emailing about the GT I saw this:

It's a bit above the $2012 price limit, but a very nice looking car.

Good price on the Locost project!!

Apis_Mellifera
5/21/12 10:51 a.m.

There are pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103069983039366.6619.100000090958758&type=3&l=a401ab9e1d The most recent being of the chassis on the trailer, though it has different alloy wheels now. I disassembled the Miata, so I have all the parts you'd need (complete wiring harness, brakes, steering, diff (open), and of course the engine and trans). The suspension was designed and cut by my friend Chet (of LocostUSA). He knows what he's doing. You'd need the rest of the bodywork, coilovers, a welder and some time.

The 'BGT is over the $2012 limit, but if you're interested, there are pictures scattered around here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/dandomatic2/ -mostly in the 'garage' , 'motorwerks', and 'ebay' folders. It is built for autocross/track days with the usual pieces. I'm thinking about parting with the '71 Triumph Bonneville as well, if interested.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
5/21/12 11:19 a.m.

Goddamn. This is one of those times I wish I had some cash to take the whole pile. Sadly, I do not.

Wanna trade $18k for a nice 964, delivered? I'll buy the Locost and MGB-GT while I'm there.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/21/12 12:37 p.m.

Dang dang dang

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
5/21/12 12:58 p.m.

mssg sent

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
5/21/12 2:37 p.m.

Shiznit. Can't see the pics. I even have someone local to take a look see.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
5/21/12 3:41 p.m.

I want that Locost... bad...

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/21/12 7:15 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: I want that Locost... bad...

no crap dude me too. its the wrong time and i just bought a bike

CLynn85
CLynn85 Reader
5/21/12 7:26 p.m.

I have dibs on the Locost, the wife is going to KILL me!

CLynn85
CLynn85 Reader
5/21/12 8:06 p.m.

Dang....dang dang dang! I just took some measurements off the book chassis drawings on it's not going to fit as an in tact frame down the stairs to where I want it. Sorry for the false claim, I soooo wanted this :(

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UberDork
5/22/12 5:04 a.m.

PM being sent. At that price, I can't not tell you I'm quite interested.

I have a truck, a trailer, and you're only about 2 hours away.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UberDork
5/22/12 5:39 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: PM being sent. At that price, I can't not tell you I'm quite interested. I have a truck, a trailer, and you're only about 2 hours away.

Ah, managed to not notice where you said the engine is included and who did the welding and cutting of the chassis.

Followup PM being sent. I'll buy this, unless it turns out to be nothing like the pictures and description.

Apis_Mellifera
5/22/12 5:50 a.m.

Just so everyone is clear, a Miata is not included with the sale. What is included is a complete 46K drivetrain, the brakes, diff, steering. The black wheels are not included, but the silver 5-spoke wheels pictured on the Miata are. They have old Victoracers on them, but a set of used and usable summer tires are included.

The chassis rolls and steers, but the rack is not installed. There is a length of tubing attaching the TREs. The suspension has full travel. The chassis is fully welded. I was willing the bet my life on the welds, you may not. I do not recall who made the nose cone. I have a clear title to the Miata donor. It was a light hit on the front corner that killed the car. Actually, in was cosmetic damage, the previous owner just didn't feel like fixing it; that's why it still had a clean title.

I think that covers the questions I've received so far. I don't think you'll find a bigger jump start on a Locost project, let alone one that includes the donor parts and with this low mileage.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UberDork
5/22/12 6:44 a.m.

OK, so I should be able to fit it all in one trip. Same little HF trailer as you've got, so put the chassis on that. Fill up the bed with the rest.

Trying to send you messages from work, but sometimes that works weird. If you're not getting them, let me know and I'll try something else.

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
5/22/12 12:12 p.m.

If Foxtrapper passes on the car I would like it, emailed you with my info.

Awesome deal.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
5/26/12 8:13 a.m.

Sent you an email back....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
09Hhy7eKL2zgphPlZWiGFpNZe1JUeGYXKB2DatUpt3HYytvVLYFqjr6tkIG8JVj6