1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74
LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/1/17 6:17 p.m.

If you did the coffee cup and 2 wrenches crossed you could almost get a skull and crossbones effect

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/1/17 6:57 p.m.

got a little inspired. I like where this is going.

our percolator in the background for extra points

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/1/17 7:51 p.m.

XXL for me please.....in a Tee.....white with red....when you get home.....

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/1/17 9:24 p.m.

In reply to bluej:

Thanks for drawing those up. Part of the "good design" part of this is going to be testing to see how easy it is to cut things out on my viny cutter. I made some shirts for One Lap a couple years ago with the iron on t-shirt transfers and was happy with the results considering I could make the design and iron it on for about $1 a shirt. I started looking at the tags on my shirts last week and figured out that the ones that I like the best are $2.70 each before shipping. If we ignore shipping and assume my current hourly rate of $0.00, I could knock out a bunch for cheap. The creative part of my brain is fully rested and getting restless. I've got ideas.....

bluej
8/1/17 11:07 p.m.

I'm on board for the TTWO brand development. Let me know if you want to explore some more design options. I was thinking single color shirt prints/screen prints w/ those sketches, but I can put together vector graphics for your cutter.

surewriting
surewriting New Reader
8/2/17 1:20 a.m.

I'd buy a shirt with one of these logos on it to support this build. Maybe with a silhouette of the COE on the back

Also, mazdeuce if you need a fresh set of coveralls to print this logo on, let me know. I can lay my hands on a few if needed for no charge. Just pm me with your size and/or height.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/2/17 6:50 a.m.

I like that logo a lot! Maybe a hand painted, old timey looking example of it should go on the cabover doors?

On shirts or decals, maybe the coffee mugs could have QR codes that go to your threads when scanned? I'd run stickers of it, but it wouldn't really represent my workflow- I'd probably need one with like 5 coffees and a hammer flying through the air

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/2/17 7:36 a.m.
surewriting wrote: I'd buy a shirt with one of these logos on it to support this build. Maybe with a silhouette of the COE on the back Also, mazdeuce if you need a fresh set of coveralls to print this logo on, let me know. I can lay my hands on a few if needed for no charge. Just pm me with your size and/or height.

This is why I can't hold ideas back, you guys always figure out what's happening before it happens.
The plan (right now) is to put this logo on the back, and have two different designs for the front. The first is a blobby white Mercedes with a single horn sticking out of the hood, and the second is the COE with the cab titled forward. I'm not quite sure about the whole self promotion/selling them thing, feels weird and I'm not sure what GRM policy is on that sort of thing through the forum. I mostly want to make them for myself.
Anyway, I'm like a 14 year old bragging about what wheels he's going to put on the Mustang he's saving up for. The COE is still in South Dakota, I'm not home yet, and I'm planning a t-shirt. Feel free to make fun of me.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/2/17 7:37 a.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯:

I know a few people who are closer to eight beers and a sawzall.
Creativity comes from different places.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
8/2/17 10:22 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯: I know a few people who are closer to eight beers and a sawzall. Creativity comes from different places.

I resemble that remark!

klb67
klb67 Reader
8/2/17 10:59 a.m.

Great ideas. If it's Think Twice, Wrench Once, I'd say you can only have one wrench in the logo, right?

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/17 11:17 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Anyway, I'm like a 14 year old bragging about what wheels he's going to put on the Mustang he's saving up for. The COE is still in South Dakota, I'm not home yet, and I'm planning a t-shirt. Feel free to make fun of me.

I suspect Les Claypool drew band logos on his Trapper Keeper. It's all part of the process, right?

Or as Yogi Andretti said, "If you can always keep the horse in front of the cart, you're not going fast enough."

bluej
8/2/17 12:08 p.m.
klb67 wrote: Great ideas. If it's Think Twice, Wrench Once, I'd say you can only have one wrench in the logo, right?

I disagree. Life doesn't have to be that literal :)

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/2/17 4:50 p.m.
bluej wrote:
klb67 wrote: Great ideas. If it's Think Twice, Wrench Once, I'd say you can only have one wrench in the logo, right?
I disagree. Life doesn't have to be that literal :)

But what will future anthropologists think if I don't take myself literally? Or what if I decide to start a cattle ranch? I feel like these are valid concerns.

bluej
8/2/17 5:43 p.m.

So THAT's what Mrs. Deuce has been up to..?

klb67
klb67 Reader
8/2/17 5:49 p.m.

They'll think Drink Twice, Wrench Twice, and be very confused. At least Drink Twice, Wrench Once, is fairly close to the initial intent of the hieroglyphic.

klb67
klb67 Reader
8/2/17 5:51 p.m.

Or they'll think it means get drunk and wrench, which is exactly the opposite of your intent.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/2/17 6:00 p.m.
bluej wrote: got a little inspired. I like where this is going. our percolator in the background for extra points

Bottom left FTMFW! The steam as eyebrows is genius!

2002Squarie
2002Squarie New Reader
8/5/17 2:27 p.m.

if it's one wrench (and I kinda agree with the school that says "wrench once" means one wrench in the logo) and you need to make the face, then use a curved wrench as in something like this:

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
8/7/17 11:54 a.m.

Bottom left.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/7/17 12:33 p.m.

Bottom left with the curved wrench.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/7/17 1:23 p.m.

But you usually end up using multiple wrenches at each setting. Maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. (Well, I'm definitely doing it wrong)

bluej
8/7/17 3:03 p.m.

How about a socket/ratchet combo instead? I was trying to get a single eyebrow raised thing going w/ the steam, but wasn't as successful. not as much time for sketching for fun while at work. Don't love the coffee drip directly off the cup as much either. was worth trying.

honda1
honda1 New Reader
8/7/17 5:45 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: One of the things we do during the summer is take a walk on the beach every night after dinner. The kids and I talk about a wide variety of stuff. Deucekid#2 is convinced he's headed for YouTube stardom when he gets back and records more videos of him playing video games. We talked about business models and how it's damn hard to make a living from views. The people doing ok are getting sponsored or selling something. I mentioned Ferrari, a very valuable merchandise company that races and builds cars to raise brand awareness. So we kept talking and he decided that I needed a slogan, a logo on par with Ferrari. He started throwing out ideas, which felt more like being verbally assulted with ideas but that's part of being an excited teen I suppose. After fending off 15 minutes of idiocy, I asked him to repeat his last one. "Think Twice, Wrench Once" Even he is aware of my tendency to stand around with a cup of coffee and claim that I'm making headway. A bit of good old fashioned analog logo design yielded this: He's demanding 10% of all profits. Negotiations are ongoing, but I think the kid did ok. I need to get back to the computer at home and see what I can do about making myself a new set of coveralls for this project.

Well, if the logo has just one wrench, shouldn't it look like the wrench the forum member made for you (sorry I can't remember his name and don't have time to go back and look), that tool was awesome!!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/7/17 6:16 p.m.
honda1 wrote: Well, if the logo has just one wrench, shouldn't it look like the wrench the forum member made for you (sorry I can't remember his name and don't have time to go back and look), that tool was awesome!!

this. Plus the nose could be a torx bolt... you know, because

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I63g3A1cOzdFovTWmFvJsRaqVUej3oM2g9TCviLlOsGnHYWQ51JlrrCyQxN1L32V