chaparral
chaparral Dork
2/9/21 10:56 a.m.

It was time before last season for me to start from scratch, but I made do with superannuated equipment I didn't particularly like, and it didn't work well.

So, I'll be assembling a new kart and engine from a kit and fabricating a few small items that I think will improve performance. 

After a few lousy quotes from kart shops on a new chassis, my local track owner told me that he was thinking of reactivating his CRG dealership. I liked the 15-year-old CRG I borrowed for the last two races of 2020, so I set aside my opinion of CRG's owner and bought one. I chose it over two good quotes that came in later - one from the kart shop that got me into the sport a decade ago, and one from a minor brand offering me a dealer territory of all of Michigan.

My KT2 chassis showed up on Thursday. Here's how it comes. 

All of the highly stressed components are boxed, and the rest are thrown in there - karts are tough, they have to survive contact and last ten seasons of never being driven under 9/10. 

My powertrain package will arrive later this month; I'll assemble the rolling chassis this weekend.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JQEWq0Mtx1bHCbvZzbGDZqeq7JQHP0TDUCNayFOcnwRsfJbeJK7tuFc9f2ymIfg8