Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/30/23 3:21 p.m.

I'm always looking for todays Datsun 510.  This feels close to the 510 concept. 

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/30/23 11:18 p.m.

So does it need a LSD? There doesn't seem to be many options out there for that. Maybe jus not necessary for DD?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/1/23 8:51 a.m.

The problem with the factory PS4 is the 7.5" wheel its strapped to. Since I will have to buy something for winter anyway this fall, I'm planning on upping the wheel width and run the PS4 on either an 8 or 8.5" wide wheel, and use the factory for winter tires. 

I think the car is perfect in stock form and honestly have no idea what the hell I'd do with another 40hp. As it is I am already in PMOPMIJ speeds off onramps in 3rd/4th so fast it's stupid. But as a nice, comfy daily good god does this thing excel. 

Also some of the best seats outside of an N that Hy/Kia has made in the last 20 years IMO.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
6/17/23 11:06 p.m.

Can you provide a link to the torque strut bushings you use?  Do they vibrate like crazy?  This seems to be a consistent weakness in all the Hyundai Kia fwd products.  They either flop like a fish or shake like crazy.  I'd love to find a mount that is a happy medium.

Also, these cars would absolutely benefit from a Torsen. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
6/18/23 8:31 a.m.

That's how it is with my soul, but the A/C on in neutral vibration is bad/a deal breaker :(

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
6/18/23 12:07 p.m.

I have a stock one in one side of mine currently and poly in the other.  It doesn't have much nvh but the engine is so floppy it's insane :(.

If the yellow is truly "soft" urethane, I would happily try that in both sides.  I'd love to get my hands on some stock veloster N rubber pieces without having to buy the whole assembly.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sVZwj9SCj2JEu1iVQP1OHW5sV0JMFs5jvOcD32tSCuFyDhEff0mGSV7HjnPUyI4m