AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/8/21 7:45 a.m.

This is awesome!

KaiserM715
KaiserM715 New Reader
6/8/21 10:54 a.m.
rpbritt said:

As a 2010 Raptor (95% sure yours is a '10) and C5 Z06 owner, I'm very interested.

rpbritt
rpbritt New Reader
6/8/21 6:16 p.m.

In reply to KaiserM715 :

Yep, its a 2010 6.2L. I'm primarily a Ford fan, but I like them all. I was already debating going LS with the Fox so the Corvette was just a step further

rpbritt
rpbritt New Reader
6/13/21 8:09 p.m.

Did alot of cutting and hacking the past two days. With today being the day I finally test fitted the Fox onto the Vette chassis.

Waking up this morning, I had no intentions in finishing my day off with fitting the body, just kind of happened.

Getting to set the body lets me see what else needs to go. So far the cowl will need trimmed to fit the engine and the wheel tubs will need trimmed to allow for suspension travel. I'd like to keep them since there's no need for mini tubs, I have plenty of tire clearance on the inside of the wheel well.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/13/21 9:09 p.m.

Dare I say its coming together?

rpbritt
rpbritt New Reader
6/13/21 9:13 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

No, I'd say that's a fair statement. I've made way more progress recently than I thought I would.

rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
6/14/21 7:03 a.m.

Excellent work!  Time to start adding a ring of tubing to seal the deal.  Before doing so, definitely check on how level your floor is in relation to the chassis. 

rpbritt
rpbritt New Reader
6/29/21 12:35 p.m.

Not much of an update, but it's still progress.

Finally got some steel to start adding back into the chassis.

I bought 5"x1.75" C channel to tie into the rockers of the Fox. The goal was to use them to add strength along with truing up the rocker, plus they will hide all of my grinding and the remainder of the floor plans and spot welds.

Im using the transmission tunnel as my guide to square the chassis back up. The edges on it are nice enough to take measurements off of that I can trust. If I can keep everything within 1/16th of each other, I'd be pretty happy. The Fox's factory tolerance was 1/2" so I think I'll be fine.

rpbritt
rpbritt New Reader
7/8/21 11:30 a.m.

I was able to put some more work into the Fox this past weekend. Would of updated Monday, but I have been having issues uploading with my phone.

I braced up the angle iron that I put on the transmission tunnel to help hold up the c- channel along with the body of the car.

Using a laser level and some of the measurements taken off the Fox plus the width of the c- channel, I cut up the Vette frame some more, leading to this. I will definitely have some gaps to fill if I plan to keep whats left of the original frame rails.

Making the cuts to frame rails made it a whole lot easier to get the body on. I have it pretty much centered up in relation to the chassis. There's not a lot of areas that are "true" enough to go off of, but I think its close.

Seeing how everything fits currently, I definitely want to think about the future of the car and making things easy to work on and have access to once the car is running and driving.

I may end up just using the frame rails just where they mount to the suspension and tie in to the subframe and completely redo the transmission tunnel and all the frame rail in between.

Even though I'm nowhere near mounting fenders, I had to see what it looks like.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/8/21 1:23 p.m.
rpbritrpbrit Said
Even though I'm nowhere near mounting fenders, I had to see what it looks like.

Awesome. It looks awesome.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
7/8/21 1:39 p.m.

This is my new favorite car.  Great use of C5, tolerable use of Mustang.

Thatguyinfl
Thatguyinfl
3/7/23 7:24 p.m.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how I can talk to RPBritt? I'm considering the same project and would like to find out how the rest went.

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/7/23 10:05 p.m.

In reply to Thatguyinfl :

I messaged him to get us an update!  I'm dying to know how this turned out.

Thatguyinfl
Thatguyinfl New Reader
3/8/23 10:00 a.m.

In reply to Loweguy5 :

Thank you plz give him my cell as I bent a rod in my drift fox this weekend and am going to transplant an Ls3 c5 complete drive train.

Nick 850.642.7433 

RubyFox
RubyFox New Reader
10/15/23 4:05 p.m.

I would love to see the progress as I am undertaking the same idea. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ioDZ322JNGtfIwb5GxpQbnDupaEt19SJmC00PHrc7h4p3YWSP9iUgJxiKBRPL8nl