1 ... 14 15 16
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
10/11/24 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Keith, that's where these flares came from. We're doing very well on budget, so I splurged on purchased flares, versus cutting up more roadside file cabinets.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/24 2:13 p.m.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/13/24 5:46 p.m.

Remind me why the huge square box scabbed on to the tunnel?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/13/24 7:38 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

It was a lot less work than trying to build it close, like the left side. Leaves more space for running trans cooling lines, too. Also, the engine and trans are offset to the right side.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
10/14/24 12:54 p.m.

A challenge car that's even getting a paintjob? That's gotta be worth some style points!

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/14/24 2:53 p.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma :

No reason not to have it look good if you have the time to put into it. The interior paint was $10/gallon and we won't use half of it. Same for the exterior. There'll be more budget hit in thinner than paint when it's done. From very early on in the build, I've wanted this car to look like a proper race car and Patrick is facilitating that. It will look the part at the Challenge. All we need to do is make sure it runs like it!

Edit:....and I'll add that there aren't words to express how grateful I am for Patrick's dedication to finishing the car, for buying into my vision for what it should be, and for being a wonderful friend through all of this. I'm a lucky man and life is good!

1 ... 14 15 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yLk20ASwBzTuaF5CkCFVg53B9fMSFqGuF9zupgFzNwjylKNkYSu5FXEKnN8qnQcY