1 2
dextervw
dextervw New Reader
9/6/17 1:11 p.m.

She's all tucked into the garage for the winter... suspension and tires are almost on order... commencing wrenches in about two weeks! 

dextervw
dextervw New Reader
9/15/17 7:24 a.m.

Brought home a parts car last night

dextervw
dextervw New Reader
9/21/17 8:43 a.m.

Intercooler placement should work well 

dextervw
dextervw New Reader
9/26/17 3:50 p.m.

What should I be looking at for tires for my 15" wheels,  will be a fair weather car and see some autox and maybe a track night...  Falken Azenis?  Star Specs?  What works well on light cars these days?

Dave

dextervw
dextervw New Reader
9/28/17 10:44 a.m.

Sorry this is slow,  been having fun doing this 

and that

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
9/28/17 4:39 p.m.

Hey man, cool project.  I bet it will really scoot with the 1.8t.

Not to thread jack, but I a have a set of mk1 front strut housings with coil over sleeves sitting around that need a new home, in case you or other VW guys are interested (I'm not a VW guy, bought them to cut them up to get the threaded top tubes to weld onto some mazda struts for Bilsteins, but found an easier way to build up the mazda struts).  Trying to find someone who can use them.

dextervw
dextervw New Reader
10/15/17 5:05 p.m.

In reply to sevenracer :

Thanks SevenRacer!  I'm sure myself or my S2 racing lemons friends could find a use for them at some point.  Where abouts in the world are you? 

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
10/16/17 12:41 p.m.

charlotte nc

dextervw
dextervw New Reader
10/16/17 1:21 p.m.

Finally installed the motor in the chassis!  Lots of clean up work to go but shes in!!   I can now make broom broom noises and feel acomplished. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2OsluxQ5uEvKrCJ7bNAIqS6HgTrnB97kc8uUcEJP6xZnnNJKWgM3YQJ4nfDfB89M