1 2
docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
9/13/24 6:28 p.m.

Berotec Cumpan showed up a few days ago and it looked complete, nothing missing.  Time to install it, first things first, make sure it powers on.  Since it's a used purchase, I don't want to spend a ton of time installing it only to find out its dead and I need to return it.  So Brittannia Composites mask off and get to the switched power that I'm using for my GPS.

Yep, it works!

Time to install it.  I want to use the same unswitched power that I've got my GPS on, but unlike the GPS, I can't turn this off separately.  I hit up my basement stash and found a switch, which perfectly fit into the switch pop outs on the Brittannia tower.  Ok, perfect, since I've been wanting to get my GPS on switched power too.

Wired it in, which was pretty easy

Wires tidied up

Decision made to use the Cumpan handle bar mount, I thought about sticking to the dash on the tower, but on the bars it lines up perfectly with the factory dash

Berotec suggests running the wires down the right side of the frame, but I went down the left side instead, seems cleaner this way

You grab the oil temperature, tach signal and gear position signal from the left side of the bike.  The oil temp was kind of a PITA to get to, you need to pull out a plug that's above the front sprocket and behind the header pipe.  A bunch of people recommend taking the header/exhaust off, but I managed to get it out with a long ball end 5mm allen.  Putting the sensor in was harder, to be honest.  After that I put 3M body tape on the Cumpan and mounted it to the bars.

Success!  You can see the black switch to the right of the factory dash, that controls the power for the GPS and Cumpan.

My Seat Concepts seat should show up by the end of the month, that's really the last thing I'm going to do to the bike.  In the offseason I'll replace the fuel filters, then it's ready to go.  Hopefully I can talk my friend into riding this Sunday, otherwise I'll go on a shorter, morning ride solo.

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
10/14/24 9:51 a.m.

Typically my riding partner and I go out for at least a long weekend ride each season.  We'd talked about hitting the Alpine Loop this year but it never happened.  We finally managed to link up and at least do a day ride yesterday.  250 miles, 4 passes, 2 paved, 2 dirt.  Bike did great!  I'm still figuring out the range with the Rade Garage auxiliary tank, it's nowhere near as much as the Safari tank I had on my old 690, but should be adequate.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VGiczDijKMfm2F6d49rVj61lBZYmM20AE9DSok4eLwBzfT4DRRwyVJi2Yw6JFuJs