1 ... 14 15 16
275nart
275nart Reader
10/15/24 8:52 p.m.

I have been plugging away at wiring the chassis, ecu, etc. but importantly I reached out to Wray Schelin (pro shaper workshop you may be familiar with his youtube) and I'm making a trip up to his shop very soon to learn the art of metal shaping.  In preparation for that I've been getting the wireform really nailed down starting with the rear deck lid and tops of the rear quarters.  I had to do this by studying a lot of reference photos and just applying a lot of guesswork.  

I will be wiring in the trunk shut lines in the coming days.

Up front the nose of the car had some hollow areas and a peak in the center, and it was a little low on the reverse just inside the headlight area.  it just wasn't right.  I decided to cut it out and make that portion a wireform too as well as adding the shut lines.

I can't describe how tedious this process is to get the wire for the shut line edges perfect!  the "hood" is now easily removable which is great.  I also eliminated the hood bulge from the wireform as I think it will be easier to fabricate the hood in one skin and then modify/add it after. 

I have some neat gauges I had made by speedhut that I will share shortly too. 

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
10/15/24 9:20 p.m.

Nice to see this taking shape! 

Piguin
Piguin Reader
10/15/24 9:29 p.m.

Every time you post new pics I feel that this just can't get any better.

And then you post again and prove me wrong. Every. Single. Time.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/15/24 10:18 p.m.

You just keep raising the bar. 

Looking forward to your graduation from the Ray Schelling school of metal magic. You are already starting at a post graduate level as far as I can tell. Are you actually taking one of his seminar/classes or doing a one-on-one consult specific to this project?

Pete

275nart
275nart Reader
10/15/24 11:00 p.m.

Thank you all!  Pete- I am taking the whole car up there for 15 work days for a "project driven" class.  He is no longer doing the group classes.  I am hoping to soak up as much knowledge as I can on the trip, make some really nice panels for the car, but the real goal is to be able to come home with the knowledge and confidence to be able to create any panel on the car myself.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/16/24 12:39 a.m.

In reply to 275nart :

That is going to be interesting. Looking forward to hearing and seeing the results.

Pete

1 ... 14 15 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yHmZrX7WwmHpJsURlNLkRmntj17uEFVCr5U84G4AxOb5uvAjrETSaBXnole22XP2