dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/23/24 4:58 p.m.

*** SOLD ***

1994 Chevrolet Corvette, 88k miles, clean title, no accidents

Drivetrain: LT1 V8, 6 speed manual (ZF) transmission, 3.45 rear axle ratio (performance ratio with the 6spd)

Key Options: Leather interior, Power Driver's Seat, Standard Suspension, Manual A/C (R134a)

Color: Admiral Blue / black leather

Modifications: Borla Exhaust, JVC Radio, JET Skip Shift Defeat (eliminates the forced 1-4 shift under light throttle)

VIN: 1G1YY22P6R5110013

To be *that* Corvette guy, 1994 was the first year for Admiral Blue and there were only around 1500 produced.  It's a pretty rare color for a C4 Corvette (it was only available from '94-96), and it's my favorite. Hey, I'm partial!  My parents are in their mid 70s, and have owned this car since 2003 when they bought it at 67K.  We ran a Carfax when they bought this car, it estimated two owners before them and showed no accidents, so I believe they're the 3rd owner. My Dad is a little OCD, so I have a logbook of every fill-up, oil change, and repair under their ownership.  Receipts/records are included, along with a set of factory service manuals.  I took a few quick pictures today, but let me know if there's something specific you want to see.  Car was always garaged and wasn’t driven in bad weather.  Runs, drives, and stops as it should, was definitely never abused under their ownership. Aftermarket radio works well, A/C blows cold, power seats and windows work, etc.

Most recent work was in 2022 when the water pump and thermostat were replaced to address a small coolant leak they noticed in the garage.  The Optispark was replaced with an aftermarket distributor shortly after they bought it, and they haven't had any issues since.  I'm pretty sure that was a pre-emptive replacement at my urging, but it's been a long time!

Known issues:

• Tires are old, and should be replaced.  Good tread, no dry rot that I could see, but they should be replaced ASAP
  • Wheels have the typical clearcoat peeling issue
  • Reverse lights don’t work (I haven't checked if it's the switch on the transmission or the bulbs)
  • Headliner is sagging in spots
  • Driver’s side sun visor is worn
  • SYS code C72 and H72 for a dimming circuit being open or grounded (due to aftermarket radio)

I'm listing it on FBM and Craigslist for $8,500, so the GRM price is $7,500.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/23/24 5:15 p.m.

Love me some Admiral Blue

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/23/24 5:43 p.m.

God that's pretty. 

If I hadn't just bought a roof....

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
8/23/24 5:43 p.m.

This is the 'vette you want - with all respect - from the old guy who kept it all up.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/23/24 5:50 p.m.

Gorgeous color!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
8/23/24 6:18 p.m.

Wow!!!

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
8/23/24 6:48 p.m.

That color POPS! What a cool Vette.

8/23/24 7:41 p.m.

Sale Pending to a local guy on FB. His dad had an Admiral Blue Corvette growing up as a kid, so he's always looking for one.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/23/24 8:46 p.m.

Good. thank him for all of us :-)

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/24 9:22 p.m.

Dang I missed the only vette I would ever buy again 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/24/24 9:31 p.m.

Love the color.  Message sent in case the current deal falls through.

8/24/24 10:40 p.m.

Hi Cotton, I received your message and replied. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll reach out another way. Thanks!

8/25/24 11:44 p.m.

This did end up getting officially sold today, buyer was exactly the kind of person my parents wanted to see this car go to (not that you get too much say in that). Tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of his father's passing, and his father had this same color '94 Corvette when the buyer was in high school, so he's always been on the lookout for one. 

I was nervous when I offered to sell this for my parents, and I'm glad it sold quickly. A few weeks more of seeing it in the garage and driving it, and there's a good chance I would have kept it (which may have been their plan all along). With the tall sill and low seating position, I find the C4s a little intimidating at first, but I definitely became more comfortable over time. Even with the steeper 3.45 rear axle, first gear is very usable (unlike a T5 Mustang), and with 345 ft-lbs of torque, it's very content to loaf around when cruising. I think these represent a good performance to cost value right now, and the mechanical parts costs are pretty reasonable.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tV5Vf4XT0AJBZwd7sQ7CrVo1y1XtWaRgUxcxGrqInbToukuHgtSlX2hrmtRwgPgW