dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/25/24 1:42 p.m.

SOLD

Mine, fully afiliated

Located in Newtown, CT - 06470

I'm selling my 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear with the 2.0t (little turbo) and an AT transmission with 191k.  I bought it as a non-running parts car for Hazel, but I was able to get it running again with GRM's help.  I picked this up back in October and my agreement with my wife was that I'd take a month to strip it of any parts I wanted for Hazel, and then I'd send it along.  It's now May, and it took up a garage bay since I've owned it.  If my wife would let me, I'd keep it for myself, but I value my marriage over this car smiley

Pros:

- Someone has cared for this car, I believe I'm the 3rd owner and have the title

- Idles/runs/drives well (I've only driven it up/down my 275' driveway, but it doesn't overheat, cooling fans all work, makes full boost, etc.)

- COLD A/C - Hazel is very jealous right now!

- It has a ton of parts value if you have another Saab - 2 keys with CIM, 4 OEM ignition coils, working ISM, working radio (and AMP1), working moonroof, good headlights/taillights, decent interior, turbo, 2 ECUs

- Newer struts/springs up front

- Recent maintenance from the PO includes new AT fluid, new coolant, and a new t-stat

- NYS inspection through May, 2024

- Front and Rear subframes are in great shape

- Rear fenders are rust-free above the wheel well

Cons:

- Clearcoat is peeling on the hood and roof

- Small rust spot on the driver's side front fender

- Wear on the driver's seat

- It leaks oil (timing cover gasket and valve cover are where I'd start)

- Paint on the wheels is peeling, tires are old and hold air, but you need to top them off

- 2 of the 4 door locks don't work with the fob, and the passenger side rear window doesn't go down

- blower motor only works on high (common issue - it needs a new resistor)

If I think of anything else, I'll add it.

5/25/24 4:10 p.m.

Sold in 4 hours!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/24 5:24 p.m.
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) said:

Sold in 4 hours!

Here? Or elsewhere?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/24 5:56 p.m.

Wow, that was quick!

5/25/24 7:28 p.m.

I put it up on FB Marketplace right before I put it on here.  Had 30+ people reach out within a few hours of it being posted, and the first person to see it drove it away.  Ended up selling through FB Marketplace.  Probably could have gotten a few more bucks for it, but not sure it would have been worth the hassle.  I'll have to remember that everyone's looking for cars on Memorial Day weekend!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
USkO6PBD52OAcKAcYYT04LPZ1cEFUaLfLD0hcNQQIZ0nLy5HKGALvW3xFIBWyU23