1 2 3 4
Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/17/24 2:52 p.m.

Info in my garage sale but just replaced the battery, ancillary belt, tensioner and idler pulley. In Gaithersburg MD Pics are in the oylther thread and I'm not finding them on my phone so I can take more if people need them. But it is cosmetically challenged.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/17/24 3:34 p.m.

Link with Images of the Q5: from the Garage sale thread

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/17/24 4:21 p.m.

From the OP's other thread, I copied the words he wrote about this SUV.  

09 Q5 3.2. Runs and drives. Has most of the options. Black over tan.

My 93 year old dad was driving it so... far from cosmetically perfect. Rear bumper was hit (idiot 18 year old hit me from behind). Not reported and just the cover was damaged. My dad hit a deer. I did some repair so the bumper mounts up but the fender has some damage and I bent back the hood so it closes properly.

The rear diff and trans had a full service not to long ago. Driver's bearing done. Passenger side needs doing but I have the part. Plugs, belt, filters relatively new. Tires will need replacement soon. Windshield has a crack. Has around 150k. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/17/24 5:30 p.m.

Since that post, I did the other hub bearing and then the ancillary belt blew, almost literally.  Tensioner pulley was nearly locked up so I replaced the Tensioner and the idler pulley to be sure. It sounds like it has an exhaust leak somewhere. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/17/24 5:31 p.m.

Oh, and as I said, replaced the battery. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/17/24 7:59 p.m.

$1500 for this?  Wow.  Lemme see if I can get some people excited for this.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/17/24 8:26 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Appreciate it. It is throwing codes. I think it's crankcase ventilation related, or whatever modern tech is for that. And that exhaust leak. That showed up out of the blue so it may be a gasket or something. So bust with other crap. SMDH. Filter the belt blew I just wanted to be sure there were no other issues.  I even spun all the components to listen for bearing noise. Smooth and no noise. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/17/24 8:43 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't "done the math" on this one too. 

6hrs each way and $34 in tolls each way.  Make that about $34 x 3.  One to get there and two more to come home.  However, with a receiver hitch...drive my Prius and then rent a Uhaul tow dolly in MD and use the Audi to tow home the Prius.  Of course, another $150 to one- way rent the dolly. 

But, not the right thing, right now.  

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/17/24 10:14 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Well, the ac blows cold, the lights and wipers work so it'd be a comfortable ride.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/17/24 10:15 p.m.

Oh, it's small, but I actually just replaced the rear wiper blade

And I should have a set of valve cover gaskets around that I was planning on installing. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/18/24 11:42 a.m.

Would you drive this to Michigan if you, for instance, took a flight down to <<checks profile>> Reagan or Dulles...?

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/18/24 1:15 p.m.

It hasn't been driven regularly for a while but it never failed to start or run. I'll post the current codes. Maybe that will help?

P3PPY
8/18/24 1:45 p.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Yes!

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/18/24 3:56 p.m.

P0068 maf sensor.  Since it's running fine, I'm guessing needs a clean. I have spray cleaner. 

P0491 and 492 secondary air injection (emissions)

P2442 secondary air injection valve open. So guessing all 3 are related to this.

P2404 Evap leak. Probably related to above

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/18/24 3:59 p.m.

Dumped in my favorite FI cleaner, Chevron Techron, and ran it around the neighborhood. She's pulling like crazy in sport mode. I think old gas/like gas caused some initial issues as the misfires appear to be gone. Certainly is running tons smoother. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/18/24 4:02 p.m.

So, yeah, I think it's good to go. I'm betting the coils are original so you may want to swap in new for peace of mind and/or maybe the maf, but not sure either is critical for the trip considering. 

Also, that exhaust leak actually makes it sound better,  sporty

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/18/24 4:20 p.m.

BTW, if you arrive by jet, BWI is the easiest 

P3PPY
8/18/24 5:32 p.m.

PM sent

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
8/18/24 5:56 p.m.

My daughter needs a first car.  I'm intrigued. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/18/24 6:04 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Replied 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/18/24 11:37 p.m.

I guess I had forgotten to mention it has a panoramic roof, parking sensors and rear camera along with the parking option on the rear view mirrors

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/19/24 12:39 p.m.

Will be listing this on local Audi sites.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/19/24 4:03 p.m.

I was wrong on the mileage.  It's about 141,500.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/19/24 7:30 p.m.

MAP sensor on its way. Hoping that'll erase most of the codes.

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/20/24 8:35 a.m.

I've been seeing a lot of interesting cars from Maryland these days. My NB Miata and my 911 were from there ;)

Any info on the timing chain/tensioners, any carbon cleaning (walnut blasting?), and leaks?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3e2EyzwPWxnGiZCkzN3MLp5WXvDYSAu0xOjnJxIso7v42UFMzWk5ygD2lPCRVJGS