J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/29/23 10:17 a.m.

Stanley H. “Wacky” Arnolt had a penchant for taking British cars and having them bodied by Italian design house Carrozzeria Bertone. This Aston Martin DB2/4 is a prime example of that, with a unique spider body crafted by Franco Scaglione.

You may not know Scaglione, but you might recognize some of his designs. His work can be found in the following cars from Alfa Romeo: 2000 Sportiva, Giulietta Sprint, Sprint Speciale and three Berlina Aerodinamica Tecnica cars.

This Aston Martin DB2/4 features scripting on the front fenders with the word “Indiana.” It’s unknown why this car received that name, but working theories speculate that it may pay homage to the Indy 500 or the location of Arnolt’s corporate headquarters in Warsaw, Indiana.

Find this 1954 Aston Martin DB2/4 “Indiana” Spider up for auction at Gooding & Company, with an estimated winning bid of €1,200,000-€1,800,000 (approximately $1,296,960-$1,945,440).

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/29/23 10:22 a.m.

If you showed me this car without explaining any of the backstory, I'd think you were just showing me pictures of an Alfa Romeo.

elvacarsdallas
elvacarsdallas New Reader
8/29/23 10:30 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

I had the same thought 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wPELfW1ckCB1J9NNagmK6u4g0JFkLzHDeVHLpkeOMQED25QZKADaZ7zQqvIRGhIW