David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/3/23 11:17 a.m.

The Porsche 911 is an icon of the highest order. Deep motorsports pedigree. Celebrity ownership. A unique, fulfilling driving experience. 

Ready to bring home a classic model so you can make your own memories, channeling storied drives at places like Daytona, Sebring and Riverside?

Now what?

Back in olden times, a classic 911 meant something with a long hood and …

Read the rest of the story

gsarahs
gsarahs New Reader
9/29/24 4:08 p.m.

The observation that I can't help make on Bring a Trailer is that a high percentage of cars being offered for sale on that site are Porsches. I can't help but wonder why that is? Is this a car that people buy so that they can say that they have owned a Porsche, and then flip to make money, or because they don't like owning it?

I remember hearing that with the early ones, you needed to have 2 Porsches, one to drive and one that will be in the shop for the remaing time. I watched a Wheeler Dealer episode where the water cooled 911 had both IMS bearing and cylinder scoring, which I wasn't that impressed with. You would think that a manufacturer would have product tested the hell out of a model prior to introducing it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YUc9k9IQf1zXd4nxUy7stTV1cNpzzze2IwJmbaaEXrkTnQi0t94WI5IbC09zKeaD