1 2 3 4 5 6
914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/3/09 7:34 p.m.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/1003/914Dan/?action=view&current=MVI_0027.flv

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
12/3/09 8:34 p.m.
SVreX wrote: I'd like to see more classics. And I'm a nut for radical builds (which have been waning the last few years).

Working on both those in one car for ya. If it doesn't kill me I'll be there eventually with it.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
12/3/09 10:17 p.m.

I'd like to see at least a 100% increase in the West Coast competitors. I suspect I'm more likely to see the challenge incorporate a rallycross (ha, I wish!) than to see another West Coast attempt.

Bryce

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/09 2:25 a.m.
John Brown wrote:
poopshovel wrote: 1. Wally. 2. John Brown.
I sense a hit being put out on us Wall-doe. [John transfers $50.00 to his PayPal quasi-cash account to pay for next Florida trip]

I think there are still a couple more years before I'm allowed to go back to Florida

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/4/09 1:00 p.m.
Wally wrote:
John Brown wrote:
poopshovel wrote: 1. Wally. 2. John Brown.
I sense a hit being put out on us Wall-doe. [John transfers $50.00 to his PayPal quasi-cash account to pay for next Florida trip]
I think there are still a couple more years before I'm allowed to go back to Florida

Pretty sure court-orders are merely a "suggestion."

fastclown
fastclown Reader
12/4/09 2:57 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
fastclown wrote: Wheels winning overall... And bring back the road course
Oh that's beautiful. That was good for a laugh. BTW Guidipie, you planning to be there next year?

Of course we'll be back to beat you again. Maybe you can get back into the top 10 next year if you start planning/building now. If I can get Uranus to hook up we might be onto something. Oh, and make Uranus pretty. I can hear the Georgia boys now... "Booooy, Uranus sure is purdy...."

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/4/09 3:48 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: Working on both those in one car for ya. If it doesn't kill me I'll be there eventually with it.

Come on, now. Last time I had to bring your car!

I bringing one too, and am hoping to bring it to the BABE as well.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/4/09 3:50 p.m.
fastclown wrote: Of course we'll be back to beat you again. Maybe you can get back into the top 10 next year if you start planning/building now. If I can get Uranus to hook up we might be onto something. Oh, and make Uranus pretty. I can hear the Georgia boys now... "Booooy, Uranus sure is purdy...."

Yaa. Uranus has a bowel movement and you climb out. Great image there sport.

Glad to see your coming back to beat us. We already know we can't compete with your highniness. You are way too much competition for us.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean New Reader
12/5/09 10:24 p.m.

I would love to see this at the 2010 Challenge! Maybe Aaron can be talked into bringing it.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/5/09 10:53 p.m.

It will be there I could have it at $0 as it sits

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/6/09 8:09 a.m.

is that ratghia's previous challenge car? if it is, what else is different besides the wheels? i'd drive that thing in a heartbeat!

AngryCorvair
12/6/09 8:09 a.m.

and WTF happened to the formatting on this thread?

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
12/6/09 8:10 a.m.

Another Saturn. :) They've gotten way cheap since our 2004 effort, and people have figured out how to add forced induction and all kinds of neat stuff. Doubt it would be a contender for the overall win, but if a stripped and lightly modified car could place in the top half in 2004, a more modified example could do even better.

Myself, to put my money where my mouth is, except I haven't got any to spare. :( (If I happen into a windfall of cash all of a sudden, I do have a perfect car to start with, though...)

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/6/09 8:25 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: is that ratghia's previous challenge car? if it is, what else is different besides the wheels? i'd drive that thing in a heartbeat!

Yes it is and the only changes are that the engine dropped a valve and it no longer has the judson. Besides that it is exactly how I left it when it was sold. It will be back from Indian after the holidays.

admc58
admc58 New Reader
12/6/09 8:49 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: a car with good brakes brought by me!

BBBBWWWWWAAAAAA

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/7/09 5:44 a.m.
ratghia wrote: It will be there I could have it at $0 as it sits

How does that work?

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean New Reader
12/7/09 6:35 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
How does that work?

It doesnt SVreX. after a quick conf with Per Aaron is clear on how the budget needs to be handled. He needs to fall back to his original budget for the car and add and subtract according to what is on the car and what has been removed from it. If he was able to just work from the new purchase price he could have zero'd it. He got a very good deal......

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
12/7/09 7:24 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
JThw8 wrote: Working on both those in one car for ya. If it doesn't kill me I'll be there eventually with it.
Come on, now. Last time I had to bring your car! I bringing one too, and am hoping to bring it to the BABE as well.

This time I have 3 other people breathing down my neck/helping to make sure it gets there. Still not sure about 2010 but it will get there.

AngryCorvair
12/7/09 11:56 a.m.
sanyarcosean wrote:
SVreX wrote:
How does that work?
It doesnt SVreX. after a quick conf with Per Aaron is clear on how the budget needs to be handled. He needs to fall back to his original budget for the car and add and subtract according to what is on the car and what has been removed from it. If he was able to just work from the new purchase price he could have zero'd it. He got a very good deal......

that's what i did with the v8 944 -- started with PO's $2005 Challenge budget as if it were my own, added and subtracted from there.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/7/09 1:32 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: and WTF happened to the formatting on this thread?

It all started when someone thought it was a good idea to have Wally and myself in the same city.

Coincidence?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/7/09 4:57 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: that's what i did with the v8 944 -- started with PO's $2005 Challenge budget as if it were my own, added and subtracted from there.

I have no problem with you having approached it this way, but I don't think you needed to. You had a change of ownership.

Aaron became the owner again after re-purchasing the car. Even though it wasn't intentionally for the purpose of lowering the price, that technique is unfortunately ruled out. (which Sean and Aaron are both apparently aware of now).

Aaron, I'm glad to see you getting the car back, and really excited that you may be returning to the Challenge with it! I wish I could get back my first car. ('66 VW Bus)

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/7/09 5:22 p.m.

I wasn't sure how I should do the budget. I traded a $1000 car for it that I sold $800 worth of spares that came with it. I didn't know if I would therefore only have $200 in the Ghia as it sits. I also didn't know how having 3/4 of my parts removed from it would play in. If I don't count the wheels, engine, and interior with my old budget I still only have around $400 in it now (judson and tires were $1200). If I add in the interior at what I paid for it it's around $900. The wheels have a fmv of about my entire budget so they will have to come off, but I’m trying to figure out how to bring it. I guess worst case I will be there with it to chill and not compete.

AngryCorvair
12/7/09 6:39 p.m.

aaron, you build the car. let me handle getting it under budget...

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/8/09 6:15 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: and WTF happened to the formatting on this thread?
It all started when someone thought it was a good idea to have Wally and myself in the same city. Coincidence?

Post bot has a sidekick.

dok33
dok33 New Reader
12/11/09 10:27 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: 10. Whatever team Phostiva brings.

Thanks! We're honored to be included on the list Hoping to bring 2 cars next year, at least one of which will dispense beer and may end up being driven the whole way from TX :)

We may have to change our name tho, sold the Phostiva Wednesday night. I had what I thought was a brilliant new name: "All pho and no go" but my teammates weren't as keen on it...

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IySV8RbNy9Hhg2CCHpJq49n2nzvMptJmdPHNgo3UfH3ZvqbHBAL3TFnUi1OATmpY