1 2 3
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/31/20 12:14 p.m.
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Only the last ad makes sense as you would burn through two Hyundai's in the four year term of the car loan.

oh yeah.... 80's Excel's were piles o crap. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/31/20 4:04 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

.  Would you believe that one side of the rural road is 35mph and the other side is 50mph?  Yeah, it surprised me too.  Busted for 48 mph heading north on a two lane country road that heading south has a speed limit of 50 mph.

I'd believe it.  Don't know if it is still this way, but when I lived on the west side of town, there was a street, one direction of which was in Cheviot, one of our local speed traps, and the other direction wasn't.  Cheviot side was 25 MPH, the other side was 35 MPH.

Ohio traffic laws aren't as bad as Virginia, but they sure do tend to enforce them strictly compared to most other states.

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/1/21 12:46 a.m.

If we're talking new for the '96 model year, I'd have to go with the E39 540i/6.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
1/1/21 12:54 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Last year for the old Bronco as well. Get some lowered Bronco Lightning-clone action going on.

jay8s
jay8s New Reader
1/4/21 9:54 p.m.

E36 M3 sedan or a Volvo 850R wagon.  

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/5/21 12:15 p.m.
triumph7 said:

Be careful in Ohio if you go for the historic plates... a friend of mine had historic plates and made the mistake of driving that car to work two days in a row.  When he got into the parking lot, he was surrounded by cops (with weapons drawn!).  Historic plates are for cars driven to/from car shows, classic plates are issued to cars that are listed "in the book" but don't have any use limitations.

The argument to use is I have to go to the shop to drop it off after work... in 30 min...  I successfully daily'd the Rabbit on historic plates for 5 months this year while Caddy was in the penalty box.  Hilariously I put more miles on it in 5 months than in the last 10 years combined.  I have expected to be hassled but have never gotten anything from the Police but a thumbs up.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/5/21 12:16 p.m.
triumph7 said:

Be careful in Ohio if you go for the historic plates... a friend of mine had historic plates and made the mistake of driving that car to work two days in a row.  When he got into the parking lot, he was surrounded by cops (with weapons drawn!).  Historic plates are for cars driven to/from car shows, classic plates are issued to cars that are listed "in the book" but don't have any use limitations.

The argument to use is I have to go to the shop to drop it off after work... in 30 min...  I successfully daily'd the Rabbit on historic plates for 5 months this year while Caddy was in the penalty box.  Hilariously I put more miles on it in 5 months than in the last 10 years combined.  I have expected to be hassled but have never gotten anything from the Police but a thumbs up.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JDuvqysPHaSd5arFR6vyLvbqiQuhHQZflE9GpW0gQqKXp7iUlu5FxGR5v4W6rywf