1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/4/13 7:30 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Rumored to be lighter, better brakes, smaller, manual option, RWD and still over 400hp for the base GT. and you guys are still bitching, what will make you happy?

Nothing. We present them with a 200hp 2700lb car with no frills, they bitch. give them a smaller, lighter mustang with a 4-cyl turbo and IRS/LSD, they bitch.

I have come to the conclusion that any manfacturer could offer a 2000lb, 350hp, mid engined, race ready track demon that gets 50mpg and infinite options for $1500 and some here would still bitch about it.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/13 7:30 a.m.

I suspect it will sell very well.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/13 7:33 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Infinite options? Is the manufacturer going to pay for my finger callous treatment after I fill out the order sheet? If Ford brings over the European cushioned pens I will be in line shaking my money!

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
12/4/13 7:45 a.m.

If you wait just a little more, it will be official and real. On TV and all....

Presenting speculated pictures of a car that wont be on sale for at least 6 more months, but will be officially shown in a week... well, you can make the funny analogy.

BTW, I would suspect AW's authenticity. They, and all of the proper magazines, are privvy to real photos so that the DATE of the official release, they can publish magazines with the actual photos. And that requires a week advance for AW, a month for the others. If they show actual pictures early, they will not gain access to the actual shots early enough to publish like the others. So this is a vain attempt to get more readers.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
12/4/13 7:48 a.m.

Those are our headlamps :)

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/13 8:08 a.m.

At the end of the day, it's a decent-looking, reasonably affordable coupe with a V8, 400-plus horsepower, IRS, an optional sport package with mondo brakes, and what's sure to be a huge aftermarket. Yeah, it's heavy, but it's a big V8 coupe, that sort of comes with the territory.

What's not to like? Really?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
12/4/13 8:11 a.m.

Yep... still want one.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
12/4/13 8:19 a.m.

We shall see tomorrow.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
12/4/13 8:30 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: It looks fine, not great, not ugly. I see quite a bit of 370Z in the roofline, personally.

I see that too. I also think I see (swallows hard) a little 911 in there.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/4/13 8:44 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: Rumored to be lighter, better brakes, smaller, manual option, RWD and still over 400hp for the base GT. and you guys are still bitching, what will make you happy?
Nothing. We present them with a 200hp 2700lb car with no frills, they bitch. give them a smaller, lighter mustang with a 4-cyl turbo and IRS/LSD, they bitch. I have come to the conclusion that any manfacturer could offer a 2000lb, 350hp, mid engined, race ready track demon that gets 50mpg and infinite options for $1500 and some here would still bitch about it.

Yep, the "I'm going to complain about a car/truck/refrigerator I was never going to buy anyway" is by far my favorite thread-type on GRM.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 9:42 a.m.

We shall see tomorrow if the autoweekly one is indeed real, I assume it is.

Storz
Storz Dork
12/4/13 9:44 a.m.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/4/13 9:47 a.m.

That hump over the rear wheel does not work well with the crease in the side that fades and comes back. It's really bothering me now that I see it and I can't make it go away.

Storz
Storz Dork
12/4/13 9:52 a.m.

Storz
Storz Dork
12/4/13 9:54 a.m.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/4/13 9:58 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: That hump over the rear wheel does not work well with the crease in the side that fades and comes back. It's really bothering me now that I see it and I can't make it go away.

Its the boat tail treatment they gave to the back window/C pillar.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/13 10:01 a.m.
< I have come to the conclusion that any manfacturer could offer a 2000lb, 350hp, mid engined, race ready track demon that gets 50mpg and infinite options for $1500 and some here would still bitch about it.

I had a friend with a prudish streak, who COMPLAINED when his hot date got frisky before he was ready to return in kind. I commented to him "If Angelia Jolie came over to your place and gave you a BJ you'd probably complain that her lips are too big."

His response: "Well they are!"

This looks to be the first Mustang since the initial release of the original 5.0 that I've really wanted to buy new. Ford's got it going on (except for that stupid SYNC thing).

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 10:14 a.m.

http://business.time.com/2013/12/04/this-is-what-fords-all-new-2015-mustang-really-looks-like/

"Fifty years after Ford first unveiled the Mustang at the New York World’s Fair, the American automaker is betting a total redesign can make the vehicle appeal to drivers around the world.

TIME got an exclusive look into the sixth-generation Mustang’s development, including these never-before-seen images of the car Ford will formally reveal tomorrow. The vehicle, which will go on sale next year as a 2015 model, is lower, sleeker and wider than the current Mustang. The most notable difference: this is the first Mustang to be produced for foreign markets, as Ford tries to turn an American icon into its global flagship.

Ford executives and engineers told TIME they found themselves straining to satisfy the demands of drivers in Europe and Asia, produce a Mustang with right-side steering for the U.K., India and Australia, while retaining the performance American customers expect. At one point the project had to be rebooted because original designs were not meeting these requirements, TIME has learned. That cost Ford millions. The new Mustang will also have a surprise under the hood: an optional 4-cylinder, turbo-charged engine. It’s a nod to Europe, where gas prices are twice those in the U.S. but also risks undercutting the Mustang’s marketable heritage as a V8 power machine.

Now, by producing a Mustang for sale around the globe, Ford will be extending its strategy of building so-called world cars that can be sold profitably in a wide array of markets with arguably its most recognizable brand. The full story will be available tomorrow on Time.com and in the 12/16 issue of TIME.

Read more: This Is What Ford’s All-New 2015 Mustang Really Looks Like | TIME.com http://business.time.com/2013/12/04/this-is-what-fords-all-new-2015-mustang-really-looks-like/#ixzz2mWW8aSeX"

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 10:14 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 10:15 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 10:15 a.m.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
12/4/13 10:19 a.m.

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i picture, exterior

Am I crazy if I think I see a little 1-series in there? Or at least a little BMW coupe-ness? At any rate, I like the redesign. I'd love either an outgoing or incoming model myself, but I think this refresh adds a little maturity to the look.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 10:22 a.m.
mattmacklind wrote: 2008 BMW 1 Series 135i picture, exterior Am I crazy if I think I see a little 1-series in there? Or at least a little BMW coupe-ness? At any rate, I like the redesign. I'd love either an outgoing or incoming model myself, but I think this refresh adds a little maturity to the look.

I don't think that's where the inspiration came from...

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/4/13 10:22 a.m.

All of you who are seeing any resemblance to some other modern car are just seeing what happens when put a fastback coupe shaped object in a wind tunnel and give it a decent drag coefficient.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
12/4/13 10:28 a.m.

Looks sweet. Will buy used.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m8XGfvRk6F6z5uSE3QkQwbQn01zOHzcUpdk9o24yIBe50aMS3VwCkQSTkrjf9MLu