DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
6/13/12 12:08 p.m.

Online Streaming found here. Another hour of practice left, then at 4pm eastern, Quali starts.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/13/12 12:26 p.m.

In reply to DukeOfUndersteer:

Thanks!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/13/12 1:26 p.m.

"It always rains at Le Mans."

Jaynen
Jaynen New Reader
6/13/12 2:42 p.m.

What do I click on to watch that is work safe

Type Q
Type Q Dork
6/13/12 3:08 p.m.

I read the thread title as "24 Hour of Le Mans Practice and Quail" and thought, "Oh jeez, did wildlife get loose on on the track?"

friedgreencorrado
6/13/12 5:38 p.m.
Jaynen wrote: What do I click on to watch that is work safe

I don't think we get anything in the US that would be. ACO won't stream it themselves because of the TV package with Eurosport, and all we get in the US is the race.

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
6/13/12 6:04 p.m.

American entries should be very competitive in LMP2, GT-Pro, and GT-Am. We would have been represented in all four categories but Dyson Racing had to pull out of LMP1. I'm looking forward to it.

Jaynen
Jaynen New Reader
6/13/12 7:38 p.m.

Well I clicked the link I mean and it wanted me to install a bunch of plugins and then showed me some simpsons episode no racing

DukeOfUndersteer
6/14/12 12:13 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen:

Don't click on any of the plug ins. They are all ads. Avoid the big "X"s, try to find the small ones to close them. From there, you can maximize the screen to avoid any ads popping up.

friedgreencorrado
6/14/12 12:19 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen:

Yeah, those sites are usually rebroadcasting a TV signal from elsewhere in the world, it's not archived or anything. The guy who set up that "channel" probably forgot to disconnect it all and you saw what he was watching on TV at the moment.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/14/12 12:27 p.m.

Another streaming link without all the pop ups

friedgreencorrado
6/14/12 12:36 p.m.

T&S: http://live.lemans-tv.com/

DukeOfUndersteer
6/14/12 12:52 p.m.

How the hell are they turning 3:26s?? I'm in a Peugeot on Forza, with no aids on, turning 3:36s...

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
6/14/12 8:34 p.m.

Audi on pole with a 3:23...About 2 seconds faster than last year. Toyota surprised me and is VERY close on pace, just over a second. There may be hope yet for someone to beat the evil diesel empire...

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/14/12 9:16 p.m.

Toyota may make a race of it. The closest any petrol car has been to the front of the grid in maybe 5 years?

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
6/14/12 9:54 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: How the hell are they turning 3:26s?? I'm in a Peugeot on Forza, with no aids on, turning 3:36s...

Hunaudières Straight was repaved before the race. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the improved lap times.

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/update/more-safety-improvements_7330.html

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
6/15/12 7:31 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: How the hell are they turning 3:26s?? I'm in a Peugeot on Forza, with no aids on, turning 3:36s...

Maybe because they are real ?

Jaynen
Jaynen New Reader
6/15/12 8:55 a.m.
Argo1 wrote: Toyota may make a race of it. The closest any petrol car has been to the front of the grid in maybe 5 years?

Would be great to see. The clincher usually is reliability or crashes

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Reader
6/15/12 9:06 a.m.

In reply to Jaynen:

Exactly. If both Audi and Toyota spent the full 24 hours of the race turning lap times exactly at the speed they did in qualifying, they'd finish the race less than two laps apart. It's all about reliability, pit stops, and yellows.

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
6/15/12 9:27 a.m.
Jamesc2123 wrote: Audi on pole with a 3:23...About 2 seconds faster than last year. Toyota surprised me and is VERY close on pace, just over a second. There may be hope yet for someone to beat the evil diesel empire...

Toyota(the true evil empire, BTW) is legendary in their ability to spend more money than anyone else, yet still lose,usually in humiliating fashion.
If it was another effort from the boys at Mazda or even Subaru, perhaps-I'd be pulling for the Rising Son upset. The over-rated appliance vendors at Toyota City? No thanks-go oil burners!

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
6/15/12 11:03 a.m.
RexSeven wrote:
Hunaudières Straight was repaved before the race. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the improved lap times. http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/update/more-safety-improvements_7330.html

The R18s (last years car) arent running any faster. They actually berkeleyed up the Porsche curves and made them a lot bumpier after replacing them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JLvUYCxnzAsZfct0KSJmUIC7J4cHIVXVnJSICC4yJq7h2KfBuViJWizJ1SLIUd6q