• mint condition 
  • paid $11,300 with TTL
  • no one to drive it home for me, so will take it home Friday 
  • 6MT LSD 

as someone who always had wagons and hatch, this still works 

plenty of space in back for our needs 

middle handrest is useless and too low

Have to order trailer hitch from e trailer tonight 

thanks to clutchsmoke for all the emails. No 2nd and 3rd gear grinds. No issues with motor mounts. No ac compressor issues 

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/1/20 5:45 p.m.

Congrats!!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
7/1/20 6:02 p.m.

You always buy the cleanest cars!! Interior looks brand new. 68k is barely broken in.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
7/1/20 6:45 p.m.
clutchsmoke said:

You always buy the cleanest cars!! Interior looks brand new. 68k is barely broken in.

Always!

Have to buy the mint ones :) 

appreciate your help! You were awesome

Hope I can make it a last a year in the garage !!! 

trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/1/20 7:10 p.m.

Looks great! Private party or dealer?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
7/1/20 8:11 p.m.
trumant (Forum Supporter) said:

Looks great! Private party or dealer?

Got it through the dealer. Dealership group VP  is my neighbor. He told me about it. Took the trade in on Monday morning. Put new tires on it and oil change.  Car was bought new at our local Honda Dealer. Car was serviced at same Honda dealer last 8.5 years. Traded back into same Honda dealer on a new Si. VP guesses owners age to be 55+. Lives and works locally. Maybe thats why car is so mint, all stock and as close to perfect as a used car can get. 

I saw 2 on the west coast, that were mint and clean. Other was a white one. That was 800$ cheaper but 40K more miles. All the private party were ragged out and 5 owners and modded.

I don't buy other people's modded cars, and I don't buy cars that have had more than 1 owner. 

This is car #54 and happy with the purchase. 

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/1/20 8:36 p.m.

Congrats - how are those for cruising on the highway! I've always liked them, but haven't driven one (yet).

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
7/1/20 8:48 p.m.
dean1484 said:

500-600 mile range on a tank is the hard part of this. 

There were VW ads bragging about a 700 mile range.  

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
7/1/20 8:50 p.m.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

As an owner of 2016 WRX LImited new, and 2011 Mazaspeed3 (put 60k miles on it), the Civic Si of course don't have the power or panache of that.  I just wanted to get that out of the way. 

I have been out of the Honda game a long time. TSX Wagon doesn't really count. That said, when I got my GS-R sedan last year, the magic was back. All my cars that were 10-15x the cost, all sat, while I enjoyed the GS-R. Kids loved it. It was lowest powered in the fleet, but the fun of driving in the daily grind was back. 

When I sold the GSR (about 205K miles) to a GRM member, I was looking for kind of a replacement. I want to stay on the low end of the budget (all my colleagues/friends/neighbors all drive AMG/Rolls/Ferrari/Tesla), but I like the cheap/fun cars. 

I really thought the 13-17 Accord SPort 6MT would do it. But after a disappointing drive in that, I was kind of thinking, forget it, lets get back to a LS430 again. But I wanted to give the Si a try. 

I took the Si for a 50 mile test drive. Twisties, city, and highway.

Space wise, It has a little bit more legroom in the rear than the GSR sedan. The trunk is much bigger. Length wise I think they are the same, with the Si being a little taller. 

Since I have been out of the Honda game, I don't know much about regular non s2000 honda engines after the B18C5. So the K series 2.0L, I have never driven. My k24 in the TSX is great, but with the auto, I never really wind it out. 

So after sitting in the front of the Si, I knew I was sold. The seats are amazing. REminded me of a much better 91CRX/Civic Si I used to have. Ergonomics wise, it was hands down better than the GSR. The Shifter is MUCH better than the GSR, it is much crisper and more "snick snick" but was the same as the Accord Sport in feel. So I was hoping the power wouldn't leave me high and dry, because yesterday I had the great shifter in the Accord Sport, but no power relatively speaking. 

I would say if my S2000 shifter was the best I ever owned, the Si is a close second. 

I drove it around the city. The clutch isn't as soft as the Accord Sport. It had much better feel. Around town it was quieter inside than the GSR.

When I got on the highway, and romped on it, the VTEC changeover is MUCH Louder on the Si than the GSR. On the highway cruise, at 80mph, it is much quieter than the GSR, of course the car being so much newer. The NVH is much better.  It is no LS430, but it is totally doable for a 1000 mile day trips that I like doing. 

Took it up to the twisties. Given I didn't have that much experience in the Si compared to the GSR, pushing it, the steering feel wasn't as sharp as the GSR, but it was close enough for me. My GSR runs AD08 Yoko tires, and these has Falken All seasons. If GSR was 8/10, this was a close 7/10

After the power/driving characteristic made me happy, I knew this was the one. Essentially to me it is a great replacement of the GSR. Quieter, better road manners. I will miss the leather of the GSR, but it is made up by the bolstering of the Si seats. 

So that was it, thats why I bought it. I need to order a trailer hitch for it tonight. 

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Reader
7/2/20 7:06 a.m.

Sorry for the stupid question but are you talking about an integra gsr? They look tiny, how can they have similar rear seat room as a civic si?

Thanks for the analysis! Excited for you on the new ride.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/2/20 7:32 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/louisville-2007-vw-passat-4motion-blue/7143357439.html

I'd spring for an extended warranty but I'm currently taking mine to Florida and it cruises on the interstate at any speed you want.  AWD is unstoppable in any weather I've encountered.   Very comfortable for 4 (big 2nd row legroom).

I plan to keep mine indefinitely and I've already owned it since 2012 (longer than any other car in my life).

Another possibility is that there are still deals on Dieselgate Jetta wagons and Passat sedans out there, often with a CPO warranty (and a 4 year, 48,000 mile emissions warranty on top of that), and coming in at your price range. I recently bought a 2013 Passat for $10,000 with the DSG transmission; a little patience and a larger budget would find you one with the six speed no problem. Quite comfy seating and well exceeds your mileage goals.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
7/2/20 8:34 a.m.
Olemiss540 said:

Sorry for the stupid question but are you talking about an integra gsr? They look tiny, how can they have similar rear seat room as a civic si?

Thanks for the analysis! Excited for you on the new ride.

Yes, GSR sedan. She's leaving today to Denver 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iKkyzm1ou0xeCca5oMLqt5wwvR4i1aUYpZpydHQlMCyM7ARyTYWqVPt2hI0iMUei