impulsive
impulsive New Reader
1/10/09 3:10 p.m.

found this doing some A-body research, not exactly hardcore autocross or grassroots but still effin' sweet.

video:

http://v8tvshow.com/content/view/662/1/

build info:

http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/gallery/DEMON

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/10/09 3:29 p.m.

Wow--that motor sounds fantastic. The car is a bit of a pig for a course that tight, but it looks like they set the suspension up really nicely/effectively. The driver was damn good at drifting it around like that without hitting any cones.

I have to say, I like this current trend of pro-touring/restomod cars that can do stuff other than go in a straight line.

Car is beautiful, BTW. They did a really sweet build.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/10/09 3:34 p.m.

Upon reading about the build, I'm STUNNED that a car on AirRide can handle that well.

I remember the Mustang on that Forza show on SpeedTV had AirRide, but it always looked like it was weak in the suspension dept. This car looked flat as a pancake through the corners. I guess it's not always for show.

sachilles
sachilles Reader
1/10/09 4:01 p.m.

no helmet during the autox. Wonder who was doing the insurance for that event. Neat car though.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
1/10/09 7:50 p.m.

Mmmm, that sounded great!

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/11/09 2:10 p.m.

droooool

JohnGalt
JohnGalt New Reader
1/12/09 8:36 p.m.

MMMMMMmmmmm.....

After watching the video i was slightly surprised their was not more tail out action, but then i read that the car has 335 meats on the back .

I guess that along with a good driver will keep teh Hemi in check.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
1/13/09 8:43 a.m.

Ultrasweet.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
1/13/09 10:07 a.m.

Sweet car, I love how simple it is. KISS! That must be the tightest autocross course I've ever seen, he never even got out of first gear!

Bryce

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
1/13/09 11:23 a.m.

Quite an impressive car, but it would be cool to see it on a more open course. It looked like the cones were barely further apart than the fenders on that one.

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
1/13/09 12:03 p.m.

Mmm... I WILL have a '71 Demon again some day...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
koO2PI0BHzkAK7kLpbdnbjmDjHCcjvBzGAk7qSTDR9ibzggW3XUufLY4MhYO4zby