1 2 3
ouchx100
ouchx100 New Reader
4/9/14 2:54 a.m.

This one chick left a tampon on the passenger seat when she brought her car in for an oil change. It was in the wrapper still and not the only thing on the seat but I mean come on now..

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 HalfDork
4/9/14 6:37 a.m.

I had customers with firearms fairly regularly at the Nissan dealer. We had a "no firearm policy" for employees that was never enforced, but weren't going to tell customers they couldn't have them on premises. I never thought anything of it? The regulars that I knew carried in their cars, I simply asked them to take their firearms with them if leaving the car with us, or move them to the trunk if they were waiting. Simply to remove any potential issue for some of our techs with less will power to not touch things they shouldn't or reenact GTA.

• Lee
noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/9/14 6:48 a.m.
Lancer007 wrote: In reply to noddaz: Am I doing this right?

NO! So you should send that to me (not the magazine, I have that one) and I will take care of that for you...

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/9/14 7:11 a.m.
plance1 wrote: Kenny Ross and Sons in Irwin, PA.

[Completely off topic] Wait wut? I grew up in Irwin PA in the 80s, moved down to MD to finish high school in '86 but caused a lot of trouble in that area up until then :) I didn't know anyone else here was from the area.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
4/9/14 3:47 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
plance1 wrote: Kenny Ross and Sons in Irwin, PA.
[Completely off topic] Wait wut? I grew up in Irwin PA in the 80s, moved down to MD to finish high school in '86 but caused a lot of trouble in that area up until then :) I didn't know anyone else here was from the area.

At least 3 of us! We moved back to Irwin (my father's home town)when I was 4 years old. I lived there until I graduated from college in 1966 and moved to MD. My brother and one niece still live there. In fact I am going up there on Saturday for the niece's wedding.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/14 3:56 p.m.
LopRacer wrote:
Woody wrote: I put out a fully involved van fire and then found a two boxes of ammunition between the seats.
If it's any consolation when my Apartment caught fire in college I told the Fire Fighters exactly where the ammunition was and how much there was (maybe 1000 rounds maybe more all in military ammo cans). They were quite glad to know and in return my bedroom had almost as many hoses trained on it as the rest of the building combined.

That kind of info is always appreciated.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
4/9/14 3:56 p.m.

When I started driving my brother's Camaro, he left his rifle in the trunk. I didn't want to take that to any auto-x competitions, or school either.

I should actually learn how to shoot and operate it since he left ammo in the garage.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
4/9/14 4:00 p.m.

Not a dealership, but I sold my then 16yo niece a car, and forgot about the 45 under the passenger seat. About a month later I was installing a new amp and came across it. Glad she didn't get pulled over or find it.

I had been shooting one day, put it under the seat on the drive home, and suppose I thought I had put it back in its storage area. Getting old sucks, and yes, I'm much better about keeping them locked away these days.

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
4/14/14 2:18 p.m.

I live in a small town in Texas. I'd say at least 90% of the vehicles that come in have weapons in them. Most are just sitting there like rifles and shotguns between the seats, pistols in the door pockets, pistols in the center consoles, pistols under the dash in holsters, pistols in the glove compartments, etc. Hunting season, forget it. Full blown arsenals in the damn trucks. We're used to it. Ain't care. I have a locked and loaded .40 S&W Baby Eagle next to my seatbelt release in my car.

We did trade for an Explorer years ago that had a rattle in the door panel, took it off to find bricks of pot stuffed in the door. Called the cops, pulled the other 3 off and found more. Pulled the rear trim off around the cargo area and found more. That was fun...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/14 2:25 p.m.

I towed away an illegally parked car from a shopping center. We would have to call in the plate numbers to the police. We called in a Camry and they told us not to let it go they needed to see it. Two detectives came down and told us it had been used in a robbery the night before. Two angry young men came to claim it, and after paying for the tow the police pounced on them and hauled them away. The criminal masterminds had left the hats, hoodies, two guns and some of the loot in the car.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
4/14/14 3:13 p.m.

In reply to Wally:

They used their own car for the robbery? You'd think if you were already robbing somewhere, stealing a car would be risk-free by comparison.

Wally
4/14/14 4:28 p.m.

They weren't the brightest of criminals, they then let one of their girlfriends use it who parked it in a handicapped space.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/14/14 4:41 p.m.
ouchx100 wrote: This one chick left a tampon on the passenger seat when she brought her car in for an oil change. It was in the wrapper still and not the only thing on the seat but I mean come on now..

Why is that a problem? Aside from general tidiness of the car, how is an unused tampon in a wrapper any worse than a pack of gum?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
4/14/14 7:54 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
ouchx100 wrote: This one chick left a tampon on the passenger seat when she brought her car in for an oil change. It was in the wrapper still and not the only thing on the seat but I mean come on now..
Why is that a problem? Aside from general tidiness of the car, how is an unused tampon in a wrapper any worse than a pack of gum?

Its called class. Some people have it. Some don't.

I mean sure, the "anal super d00per fister 3000" was just lying there in the box on the seat. Why would that make anyone uncomfortable?

Some people's children

ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/14/14 8:24 p.m.

In the 10 years I was in dealerships, I found used condoms multiple times(3 times in the dealer principles demo)probably 6 or 7 handguns, pot, coke, meth, a meth lab once in a trunk, a stolen purse along with 6 stolen wallets, you name it and the scary thing is my dealerships werent in bad parts of town except for the last one and I never found squat in the cars there

ouchx100
ouchx100 New Reader
4/14/14 8:41 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
Maroon92 wrote:
Its called class. Some people have it. Some don't. I mean sure, the "anal super d00per fister 3000" was just lying there in the box on the seat. Why would that make anyone uncomfortable? Some people's children

It's not that it's gross or uncomfortable or anything it's just that tampons are usually private items and not left out for everyone to see. A pack of gum is an item you use while driving or share with friends.

Having a messy car was more normal than not. Even with brand new cars that left me wondering how someone can make such a mess in such a short while and not care about their 25,000 dollar car enough to keep is clean until at least the first oil change

gofastbobby
gofastbobby Reader
4/14/14 9:20 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: I live in a small town in Texas. I'd say at least 90% of the vehicles that come in have weapons in them. Most are just sitting there like rifles and shotguns between the seats, pistols in the door pockets, pistols in the center consoles, pistols under the dash in holsters, pistols in the glove compartments, etc. Hunting season, forget it. Full blown arsenals in the damn trucks. We're used to it. Ain't care. I have a locked and loaded .40 S&W Baby Eagle next to my seatbelt release in my car.

It's pretty common in small town MI as well.

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
4/14/14 11:15 p.m.

I see nothing wrong with a unused tampon on the passenger seat.

Would you feel the same way, if a unused roll of toilet paper was left there? Or a unused, adult or children's diaper??

ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/14/14 11:48 p.m.

Adult diaper, lol

Wally
4/15/14 5:29 a.m.
ouchx100 wrote: Even with brand new cars that left me wondering how someone can make such a mess in such a short while and not care about their 25,000 dollar car enough to keep is clean until at least the first oil change

It's easy to understand given today's extended oil change intervals.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
4/15/14 6:51 a.m.
ouchx100 wrote:
HiTempguy wrote:
Maroon92 wrote:
Its called class. Some people have it. Some don't. I mean sure, the "anal super d00per fister 3000" was just lying there in the box on the seat. Why would that make anyone uncomfortable? Some people's children
It's not that it's gross or uncomfortable or anything it's just that tampons are usually private items and not left out for everyone to see. A pack of gum is an item you use while driving or share with friends. Having a messy car was more normal than not. Even with brand new cars that left me wondering how someone can make such a mess in such a short while and not care about their 25,000 dollar car enough to keep is clean until at least the first oil change

Sorry, I don't see a problem. Personally finding a loaded gun in a car would appear to me as far more declasse than a wrapped tampon. 50% of people in the world NEED tampons, I don't buy that anyone needs a gun in a car, cops possibly excepted. Carrying a gun is more dick swinging than necessity.

NOTE. This does not mean I'm anti guns, they are fun for target practice, great for hunting etc. I just don't see the need to carry and don't want to live anywhere where it's necessary.

1966stang
1966stang Reader
4/15/14 6:56 a.m.

I am not into guns. I do however, have a hot temper and don't trust myself to carry one in my car while driving. I think having someone armed while on the inter state might not be the best of ideas.

But I could be wrong.

Wally
4/15/14 7:02 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Having a loaded tampon thrown at you is no picnic either. People ran from that like it was a loaded gun.

ouchx100
ouchx100 New Reader
4/15/14 8:30 a.m.

I guess I'm alone in thinking the tampon is weird. If I was a girl I feel like I'd try my best to hide that

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
4/15/14 9:27 a.m.

what are you ashamed of ?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3TOqFCoy5yc0mR1XVSjTRZCm5mlenWCmmgHSpPPDItCs9QaDcS2jcXJQd2eX4Z3T