1 2 3
noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/8/14 4:38 p.m.

A service writer found a loaded 9mm pistol clip in the glove box of a returned loaner car this afternoon... I told him to go back and look under the front seats for the pistol...

tjbell
tjbell New Reader
4/8/14 4:40 p.m.

oh my, nothing like that at my dealership, only a couple cars brought in with big wads of 100's...and some other "consumable" herbs

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/8/14 4:43 p.m.

Worked on a dodge truck once that had a loaded 9mm between the console and drivers seat ....

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
4/8/14 4:51 p.m.

Had a car in for service and found a 9mm handgun with a fully loaded clip of hollow points laying next to it. He was in law enforcement, pretty sure they are supposed to keep control of their weapons better than that.

Also found a fully loaded tactical vest and shotgun in the back of a customers car. Also law enforcement. How can they enforce gun laws when they can't even keep tabs on their own E36 M3?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/14 4:52 p.m.

I put out a fully involved van fire and then found a two boxes of ammunition between the seats.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/8/14 4:54 p.m.

I always loved working on the local cop Chargers. Talk about traffic moving out of the way......

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
4/8/14 6:34 p.m.
Woody wrote: I put out a fully involved van fire and then found a two boxes of ammunition between the seats.

Yikes! What did the owner say before you tried putting it out?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/14 6:41 p.m.

Nothing.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs HalfDork
4/8/14 6:42 p.m.

Burning ammo isn't a very big danger. You can't build up any pressure to make the bullet go anywhere.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
4/8/14 6:46 p.m.

Even so, I'd probably give a friendly heads up to the guy who's about to put out my flaming rolling probable cause stuffed to the gills with ammunition.

That heads-up might be issued from a very far distance, on a cellphone.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
4/8/14 6:55 p.m.

I've found guns in cars, I've also found bullet holes after removing trim panels (damage was repaired at some time).

calteg
calteg Reader
4/8/14 7:01 p.m.

Magazines. You've all found magazines.

I figured the car guy/gun guy crossover would be strong at GRM.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
4/8/14 7:07 p.m.

My personal car usually has a spare mag in the glove box.

I've replaced glass on cars with bullet holes in it, fresh too. I didn't ask any questions and make surei had nitrile gloves on the entire time.

Working on some of the Border Patrol's SVT Raptors with loaded AR mags stuffed in the door panels. Their trucks are neat because the radios are always on and the trucks are all on solar trickle chargers. Listening to them tracking and catching people is pretty neat.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/8/14 7:25 p.m.
calteg wrote: Magazines. You've all found magazines. I figured the car guy/gun guy crossover would be strong at GRM.

Will
Will SuperDork
4/8/14 7:36 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote:
calteg wrote: Magazines. You've all found magazines. I figured the car guy/gun guy crossover would be strong at GRM.

Although I agree, most of us probably do the same thing other places when someone calls a shock a strut.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/8/14 7:41 p.m.

Magazines.. I've found magazines...

Thanks...

And I have found a short easy to understand definition for people like me who did not understand the difference. (from Minutemanreview.com)

minutemanreview.com said: A magazine is what is used to feed the weapon itself, whereas a clip is used to feed the magazine. Clips make loading of magazines much easier and faster, and in some cases, a clip is required in order for the magazine to work (e.g. M1 Garand).

And now I have learned something today.

Scott

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
4/8/14 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Will:

Shock/strut, wheel/rim, magazine/clip.

I've given up getting annoyed with terminology. I'm not sure weather its maturity or apathy.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
4/8/14 7:54 p.m.

In reply to noddaz:

Am I doing this right?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
4/8/14 8:01 p.m.
Will wrote:
Xceler8x wrote:
Although I agree, most of us probably do the same thing other places when someone calls a shock a strut.

Actually the spring is the shock absorber, the damper is the unit you are speaking about.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
4/8/14 8:32 p.m.
Woody wrote: I put out a fully involved van fire and then found a two boxes of ammunition between the seats.

If it's any consolation when my Apartment caught fire in college I told the Fire Fighters exactly where the ammunition was and how much there was (maybe 1000 rounds maybe more all in military ammo cans). They were quite glad to know and in return my bedroom had almost as many hoses trained on it as the rest of the building combined.

Will
Will SuperDork
4/8/14 9:30 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
Will wrote:
Xceler8x wrote:
Actually the spring is the shock absorber, the damper is the unit you are speaking about.

Well I believe I've proved my point.

calteg
calteg Reader
4/8/14 11:09 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote:

You can't educate the willfully ignorant

plance1
plance1 Dork
4/8/14 11:33 p.m.

I had lots of fun working in a chevy dealership back in the late 80's during the summer, Kenny Ross and Sons in Irwin, PA. Had nothing to do with guns though. I recall taking used cars out for lumch time test drives. That's about the time they started putting 350's in Z28's and I remember a used one came in. Of course I took it out. Heady stuff back in the day. Most memorable car though was the Buick Grand National... I knew it was quick but more so then I expected. Another good memory was when this guy in a beat up old plumbing van got out, all dirty around closing time and bought 6 corvettes! Great job for anyone.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/9/14 12:11 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Actually the spring is the shock absorber, the damper is the unit you are speaking about.

Just make sure you don't call it a "dampener"! :)

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/9/14 12:18 a.m.

Guns, billy clubs, bullet holes, I've seen all those too. The best was the nasty G35 from the local auction that I put a shifter assembly in--I found 2 crack pipes and a little baggy with some goodies in it hidden under the center console. At my current job, I'm told that a few years ago (before I worked there), someone stumbled upon a hidden compartment in the dashboard, and in it was 10 grand and some drugs. The DEA and the local authorities were there in a hurry.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QDfseJEnfTrw17xa6wfsAgP8aV62T7O4KG2pIwELTp9Aq4jyIZe07chLy3d2mBxn