BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/24 9:40 p.m.

First purchase from McMaster-Carr.

Needed some stainless steel fasteners to replace the ones for the splitter on the Elise, and a suitable drill bit that wouldn't go limp at the first sight of carbon fiber.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/11/24 10:10 p.m.

If it's not too late, add to your order some antisieze that I reference in this thread.

It's a joy to work with.  I took off my two front Prius tires this morning and added some to the lugs as usual.  It makes life in the rust belt so much better!

Spearfishin
Spearfishin Reader
8/11/24 10:10 p.m.

App makes it way too easy to get fasteners next day. Shipping is almost always $10.50 for me whether it's 5 bolts or 100.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/24 10:22 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

It is too late. This time .

I usually use boltsandnuts.com for fasteners, but I really didn't need 100 each of varying length of button head M6 bolts. I suspect that even with the smaller pack size from McMaster-Carr, I'll be good for a while.

In reply to Spearfishin :

Wait, they have an app

Oh boy, this changes things.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/11/24 10:53 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

The app is all I use.... it's sometimes a bit maddening finding some of the oddball crap though.

Spearfishin
Spearfishin Reader
8/12/24 7:41 a.m.
Ranger50 said:

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

The app is all I use.... it's sometimes a bit maddening finding some of the oddball crap though.

Yeah, if it's not clear where something falls within their organizational structure, becomes a bit of an ordeal to find in the app. Doubly true when I call a widget something totally different than they do. 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/12/24 9:15 a.m.

Congratulations. Welcome to a larger world where you have lots of breat new solutions to problems (but are also broke all the time)

Next you can expand your horizons to boltdepot.com

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
8/12/24 9:25 a.m.

Careful or you will soon qualify for one of these

r/Skookum - McMaster-Cupp - Legend has it they send you this after you spend $1million dollars

RacingComputers
RacingComputers GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/12/24 4:00 p.m.

Ditto for the $10.50 shipping charge.

And we are less then 10 miles from their location in Charlotte NC

However they deliver

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/12/24 4:49 p.m.

McM-C is dangerous. If I even think about placing the order the package arrives at my doorstep before I click the button.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
8/12/24 6:41 p.m.

I was talking to someone the other day, they aren't the cheap solution, but they are the "good quality in your hands tomorrow" solution.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MfL8Ot2hEN1OqE6urbMcLuG34F7j8HpSjCjpV3Oe4TKCoXnk6psVxHOFYBuTC2P6