1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/19/15 8:40 p.m.

Blaze blue over a black base. Made a navy blue. Looked nice.

plasti-dip 004

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/19/15 8:49 p.m.
octavious wrote: sorry for crappy photo  photo image_zpshwk4rxtf.jpeg

That turned out really nicely. I like the top box too.

problemaddict
problemaddict HalfDork
11/19/15 8:59 p.m.

In reply to octavious:

How does it not peel off the tank where your knees touch it?

octavious
octavious Dork
11/20/15 8:38 a.m.
problemaddict said: How does it not peel off the tank where your knees touch it?

I dont't know. I ride like they teach in the MSF course, in that squeeze the tank with my knees like the Russian chick from James Band squeezing that fat general. So far it is not scratched, peeled, or marked in anyway.

I'll get some more pics at lunch when I go out to it.

Also I don't wash the bike. It's kind of like a DD beater, I hop on, turn the key, and ride. It has never been washed with soap and water since I put on the plastidip, and there is ton of miles since I put on the dip as well, with no chips.

For what little bit I have into the plastidip I am pretty happy with the results and performance.

octavious
octavious Dork
11/20/15 8:40 a.m.
appleseed said: I had my bike white. It attracted dirt like a small child. If you decide on a different color, don't peal it off, just spray more. It'll come off far easier.

Thanks. I wanted to do their yellow, I mean an all yellow garage would be awesome, but I didn't want to spend the extra $2 a can until I saw how the white turned out and worked. I may still follow up with yellow just because I think it would be sweet!!!

Also I like how that blue and black came out.

octavious
octavious Dork
11/20/15 8:41 a.m.
Nick said: That turned out really nicely. I like the top box too.

Thanks man. It was you painting yours with it that finally pushed me to say "screw it" and give it a try. I didn't want to go with black cause I think the flat black is waaaaaay over done.

And I actually tried to take the pic and not have the top box be noticeable.... lol

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VwsG2HVzreNfo21ycCU2cCCHJpV4utxsWlrkXB82Wfo0N1zZ818XdHPDpiVAxAPc