1 2
evildky
evildky Dork
2/15/13 3:27 p.m.
stan_d wrote: I am on vacation and my brother sent me a pic of the cover. I think it is excellent, then I am biased to my Car. Thanks GRM. Stan

Congrats on the covershot Stan!

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
2/15/13 5:35 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Magazines mail April's issues the first week of February because that's what the newsstand expects. If you were to actually get an issue to the retailers shortly before the cover date, you'd spend little time on the racks because the folks stocking those racks would be extremely likely to remove your newly arrived copies along with all the other magazines' old issues, once the next super-early batch of magazines arrived. The same herd mentality also means that once people start seeing other April issues, even though it's February, they will assume yours is late if they don't get it around the same time. So there's safety in numbers, if not much sense. ;-) Margie

Next month you should mail out the May 2014 issue. Then it'll be on the news stand for a year.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
2/16/13 4:27 p.m.

My favorite issue, every single year. Helps that I actually have a sticker on a car..... 23rd place, the mx6 with the Jackie Chan? That was me. He's the only one outside of MN to have one of those.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
2/18/13 8:49 p.m.

Only 17 more hours and it "might" be in my mailbox.....

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
2/20/13 11:18 a.m.

YES! The April issue arrived - YES! That 240Z is so sweet I cried myself to sleep last night after I read it.

Somebody gave me a clapped out 1984 Cutlass for $100 once.......

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/20/13 11:20 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: BTW, finally reading it now, and I love this comment in Tim's column: "You could argue that raising the boots, adding nearly 100 horsepower, and then wailing the crap out of a 200,000-mile car that has never had its engine rebuilt is asking for trouble, but heck, that's what we do." That's why I love you guys.

I missed that... i must go back and read it.

I feel a bit ego-centric, but that sounds like it has to be in reference to my car. If so, cough cough more like adding 200 horsepower cough cough

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/20/13 11:21 a.m.
mndsm wrote: My favorite issue, every single year. Helps that I actually have a sticker on a car..... 23rd place, the mx6 with the Jackie Chan? That was me. He's the only one outside of MN to have one of those.

By the way... better whip up a black one for the white MX6 that will be competing this year.

I still have a gold one for your car.

Unless you want to make a pink one to go with your "Rauh Welt."

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
2/20/13 2:57 p.m.
stan_d wrote: I have been running away to Florida for January and febuary for last 3 yrs. Getting away from ice and snow.

Smart man!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FaEAlHwRjfQNJ1RUoAMBsUNGJB0iWcil6cgabZiGNvFm8CCpFKZ73bCx4dvuvmO5