1 2
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/2/24 2:22 p.m.

I've been thinking about this lately as well. But the 35+ year old Sears charger my dad gave still works like a charm.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/2/24 6:05 p.m.
z31maniac said:

I've been thinking about this lately as well. But the 35+ year old Sears charger my dad gave still works like a charm.

Trade ya!!! devil

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/2/24 6:15 p.m.

My wench battery could not have been too far discharged. Hooked up and left it charging, for quite a few hours. Wish there was more interaction, to know where in it's "5 stages" of charging it's in. With only "charging" "done" and "error", there is no way to tell. Never reached "done" before I needed to use it. Although left it running in use, and it did not complain. 

So far, happy enough, considering. 
An old, non-smart 6 Amp charger woulda had it topped off in the few hours, so I imagine the 2-4-6 Amp switch is an advertising gimmick ... not that I'm surprised!

Definatly gonna need a faster charging one, if my finances ever recover from their recent abuse!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/2/24 6:19 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Just thinking, the one that just failed came as an option with a BMW K75... made in 1987. 35 years is kinda new. My first smart one was prolly 25 years ago! 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/2/24 6:43 p.m.

if they really are bringing stupid money, I definitely gotta fix mine!

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
10/3/24 8:35 a.m.
Slippery said:
Indy - Guy said:
Slippery said:

I have a Noco Genius 10, works as both charger and maintainer. I like it. 

How long have you had it?  The last charger I bought only lasted 3-4 years before it puked it's guts and took a dump on me.

Just over 2 years. 

It charges any battery. AGM, Lithium, etc

So this works as a maintainer as well?  This is the first winter for the Celica race car and I doubt I'll drive it much.

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
10/3/24 9:38 a.m.

I have a NAPA parts store special.

I have no current plans for another charger, and my experiences with this one have been positive so far. If there's one negative, it's the lack of an ammeter on the charger. Despite my resistance to all things digital, it does a good job of keeping my batteries from going flat.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0daL1J37MTdQnygrl77sEGZjhWWvW4G1PfSk9pBFU4dEjGw1bESf7vHXiErTqmpb