1 2 3
APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/4/24 4:48 p.m.

Since the thread got bumped I'm going to vote for the same thing again but this time with a picture.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/4/24 4:58 p.m.
Daylan C said:

Red with no stripes. 

Man...the 289 cars look so good!

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
6/4/24 9:55 p.m.

i've always dreamed if I ever built one I would go with gun metal grey /w black stripes, black interior and all of the chrome done in black powder coat or black chrome.  Modern 17 or 18" wheels and the forma cars interior package that modernizes it a bit...  

like this /wo the red pin stripes

3/4-frontal shot down low, 3/4-frontal shot from driver side of Ford Magnetic Grey 427SC Shelby classic Backdraft Racing RT3 Cobra, BDR2456, for sale

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/4/24 10:27 p.m.

Our new addition, while not my favorite color combo is starting to grow on me. I'd prefer a 289 "slab side" in Wimbledon white, red interior with chrome wire wheels and rear exit exhausts. A guy can dream.........

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/4/24 10:37 p.m.

I don't know what color this is, but with those wheels it looks fantastic to me. This would be a dream sitting in the garage  

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
6/5/24 8:36 a.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Our new addition, while not my favorite color combo is starting to grow on me. I'd prefer a 289 "slab side" in Wimbledon white, red interior with chrome wire wheels and rear exit exhausts. A guy can dream.........

more pictures and details i like that look alot... is it a Factory five?  what is powering it?

I'll start a "build thread" even though it's already built and the only thing that I'm going to change are the wheels & tires and convert all of the suspension from 4-lug to 5-lug. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/5/24 3:47 p.m.

If your going to paint a cobra make it visable from space so people on the road can see you. 

Now tell us about the other toys in the garage. 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/6/24 1:54 p.m.

And tell us about your new to you Cobra...

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/6/24 1:55 p.m.

I'll start a "build thread" even though it's already built and the only thing that I'm going to change are the wheels & tires and convert all of the suspension from 4-lug to 5-lug. 

This...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/6/24 3:11 p.m.

I don't know what color this is, but with those wheels it looks fantastic to me. This would be a dream sitting in the garage  

Those wheels do look pretty perfect. 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/6/24 7:07 p.m.

Dupont Imron Epoxy Metallic Gold with candy apple red racing stripes.

A low zoomed out wide angle photo realistic view of a Shelby 427 Cobra car painted shiny gold with candy apple red racing stripes

David S. Wallens
6/6/24 8:34 p.m.

And a narrow body for me, please. Something traditional and dark, too. Maybe even basic black. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/6/24 8:58 p.m.

Sorry old photo, garage toys have been completely swapped out for others except for the T-Brid which is my favorite car of all time.

Sorry David, but this is my preferred spec. 

David S. Wallens said:

And a narrow body for me, please. Something traditional and dark, too. Maybe even basic black. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
6/6/24 11:12 p.m.
stuart in mn said:
SV reX said:

Has ANYONE ever seen a Cobra that looked bad?  In ANY color?

Yes.

I know the guy who did the initial build of that car. Before the guy he sold it to added the machine guns and American flag motif. He is a bit outspoken about the lack of taste to the mods it got. 

Insofar as cobra color schemes...

Here is what I always see in my minds eye for building one. 

footinmouth
footinmouth GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/7/24 6:45 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

That's really bad !! I would rather drive a green pacer ,stock. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/7/24 8:21 a.m.

Sorry David, but this is my preferred spec. 

Wow, the Cobra has never shown its British roots as well as when dressed like this. 
Seriously though, those guys at AC nailed it. They nailed the lines, they nailed the proportions, all of it.

David S. Wallens
6/7/24 9:09 a.m.

Herbie Hancock bought a white Cobra new–because a salesman pissed him off. 

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/8/24 9:07 a.m.

Blue with white stripes is probably the most iconic Cobra color scheme.    When I think Cobra, that is what it looks like in my mind.

And that is reason enough not to do it!  I would do the opposite for my own car.

fatallightning
fatallightning HalfDork
6/8/24 10:30 a.m.

Kind of vibing this stripe orientation since it's less seen.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uKZ8fiHjpJMFdUczSSEoPjadxW5zYsWcbHrqhTCCzQaMRjMLGVF4Fz1N2zAzJGMe