1 2
spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/30/18 12:53 p.m.
44Dwarf said:

Didn't we have a similar post a couple years back with a custom painted S2000 it was someones son's that the shop damaged and admitted but then couldn't fix?

It was more than that.

We also had a thread about a wife that said she didn't hit anything.  Then she changed her mind. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/30/18 1:28 p.m.
spitfirebill said:
44Dwarf said:

Didn't we have a similar post a couple years back with a custom painted S2000 it was someones son's that the shop damaged and admitted but then couldn't fix?

It was more than that.

We also had a thread about a wife that said she didn't hit anything.  Then she changed her mind. 

That second one was a real doozy. IIRC, there was no way she hit anything, until a week later she remembered that she dragged the entire side of the truck against the corner of a flatbed surprise

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/30/18 2:48 p.m.

And it's possible that my wife did hit something, one of the employees at the shop hit something, someone backed into it. For insurance purposes, it's a hit and run, I guess. My deductible is $500, so that's what it's going to cost me. Hopefully, doesn't affect my rates. 

First estimate was about $1500. I told him to estimate high. Seems to be so. 

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
4/30/18 3:58 p.m.

I've heard somewhere that brake fluid is *very effective* at removing paint from plastic. I know it removes paint from every other damn thing, so it sounds reasonable. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/30/18 6:17 p.m.

Got the claim submitted to the insurance company. Always shocks me when I get reminded of the cost of body work. I can take the car wherever I wish, but they have offered to have me use a "preferred" body shop. The sweetener for this is that they have an adjuster on site, and that the work is (in quotes until I read the details) "guaranteed for as long as I own the car."

That shop has 15 reviews on Google, most fives, and a couple of ones. One of the latter has a lot of details, like having sanding marks on the glass, primer on the seats, etc. 

I'll go there for the appraisal, but I don't know what I'll end up doing. 

In the meantime, I need to find taillights and a deck lid. I notice that some of the NB tail lights have a yellow lens for the turn signal, while others are clear. Any comments on that?

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
4/30/18 7:44 p.m.
Floating Doc said:

Got the claim submitted to the insurance company. Always shocks me when I get reminded of the cost of body work. I can take the car wherever I wish, but they have offered to have me use a "preferred" body shop. The sweetener for this is that they have an adjuster on site, and that the work is (in quotes until I read the details) "guaranteed for as long as I own the car."

That shop has 15 reviews on Google, most fives, and a couple of ones. One of the latter has a lot of details, like having sanding marks on the glass, primer on the seats, etc. 

I'll go there for the appraisal, but I don't know what I'll end up doing. 

In the meantime, I need to find taillights and a deck lid. I notice that some of the NB tail lights have a yellow lens for the turn signal, while others are clear. Any comments on that?

NB1 (99-00) have the amber.

NB2 (01-05) are clear 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1ZEBceOrZLy7mMk5IliSogNimC7HMFOtcqqP5uYXzsVxUyLJRZ9DyyJFPsorWyJb