1 ... 5 6 7
Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/7/09 6:30 a.m.
fastclown wrote: Hey, please buy my extra banquet ticket, did I say please. You'll even make $5!

I guess I could be nice to the clown and buy his extra ticket, he did say please.

Spinout007
10/7/09 7:50 a.m.

hey Per got my ticket from the clown. Thanks

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
10/7/09 8:18 a.m.
bamalama wrote:
jwdmotorsports wrote: Bamalama - when would you be going through the Moody area?
around 4am or so. I don't live a block away any more, it's more like 40 miles away. Feel free to follow me if you don't mind going 68 mph the whole way.

Yeah, I thought I saw that you lived over in Hueytown. 4am is going to be a little early for me. I have a 17 month old that's coming along on the trip and if I get him up that early he'll be cranky all day. We'll probably leave about 6am. If we catch up with you we'll just fall in behind you. My wife will be driving our V70 and I'll be in a bright orange GTI.

silence
silence New Reader
10/7/09 10:09 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote: hey Per got my ticket from the clown. Thanks

doh! that was my ticket...

fastclown
fastclown Reader
10/7/09 10:29 a.m.

Silence, silence.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
10/7/09 11:20 a.m.

I am bringing a generator if any body needs power offsite .

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/7/09 11:49 a.m.

Noob questions. Is there any food available at the race site or is it a good idea to pack a cooler? If you are not competing/driving what is the rule on carbonated malt beverage consumption?

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
10/7/09 11:53 a.m.

There is food available at the track, and it's not uncommon to see non-drivers enjoying a cold one.

silence
silence New Reader
10/7/09 12:34 p.m.

In reply to fastclown:

I didnt want to clown around, so I paid the extra 5 for it ;)

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/7/09 12:58 p.m.
hobiercr wrote: Noob questions. Is there any food available at the race site or is it a good idea to pack a cooler? If you are not competing/driving what is the rule on carbonated malt beverage consumption?

I believe the rule is NO alcohol consumption at the track.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
10/7/09 1:38 p.m.

Looks like I waited too long for a room and there are only rooms available Saturday nite. I'm going to book that one but is there anyone that might not mind someone dropping a sleeping bag onto their floor for some cash?

We still have room in the truck if anyone around DC or along the route wants to come along.

Spinout007
10/7/09 3:51 p.m.
hobiercr wrote: Noob questions. Is there any food available at the race site or is it a good idea to pack a cooler? If you are not competing/driving what is the rule on carbonated malt beverage consumption?

Food at the track is expensive, my suggestion would be to pack a cooler. Though for the last two years there seem to be people with grills in the pits......

bamalama
bamalama Reader
jwdmotorsports wrote:
bamalama wrote:
jwdmotorsports wrote: Bamalama - when would you be going through the Moody area?
around 4am or so. I don't live a block away any more, it's more like 40 miles away. Feel free to follow me if you don't mind going 68 mph the whole way.
Yeah, I thought I saw that you lived over in Hueytown. 4am is going to be a little early for me. I have a 17 month old that's coming along on the trip and if I get him up that early he'll be cranky all day. We'll probably leave about 6am. If we catch up with you we'll just fall in behind you. My wife will be driving our V70 and I'll be in a bright orange GTI.

Les just told me the trailer isn't loaded yet, so going to Covington and doing all that will probably make up the two hours. We may see you on 75.

Spinout007
silence wrote: In reply to fastclown: I didnt want to clown around, so I paid the extra 5 for it ;)

A little clowning around never hurt anyone.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/7/09 3:53 p.m.

I tell my little boy that he shouldn't cry. Those tears are what clowns feed on.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
10/7/09 3:57 p.m.

when leaving host hotel towards the challenge there is a Pubix on the left just over 75

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/7/09 4:02 p.m.

When I went to the concession stand, the damn thing was closed.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/7/09 5:26 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: ... there is a Pubix on the left just over 75

Is that different than a Publix??

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
10/7/09 6:55 p.m.
VWguyBruce wrote: Looks like I waited too long for a room and there are only rooms available Saturday nite. I'm going to book that one but is there anyone that might not mind someone dropping a sleeping bag onto their floor for some cash? We still have room in the truck if anyone around DC or along the route wants to come along.

Bruce,

We'll have room for one more on Thurs. night and Fri. night; no one is sleeping in the truck! LOL! In the room is Anthony and me, along with our new friend, John, who is attending for the first time. You are more than welcome to crash, party, shower, etc., in our room, man (as long as you don't mind sleeping with total strangers.............doesn't seem to bother my sister much). Keep in mind that you are the inside spoon, though.

-Les 770-778-7368

We'll be there Thurs. afternoon for registration. Look for us, man.

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
10/7/09 9:55 p.m.

Left Jacksonville N.C. this afternoon, made it all the way to Pedros,(wife never saw it before). Should make it in early afternoon.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
10/7/09 11:23 p.m.

Wayne and myself are spent, I think. All day working on two cars, though all seems to be well. See you guys Thursday!

And to everyone travelling, have a safe trip and watch out for the crazies (there will be plenty at the event to enjoy).

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
10/8/09 7:05 a.m.

So...as usual, I'm running behind, on the road but not going to get to the hotel 'til around 9 - 9:30 PM.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/8/09 10:34 a.m.

Drive safe everybody.

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
flcOUmaUdWXp0fIb0scz52JZpAnpMHn75vFtXK5MDMefpYKDxF0lvfR75kTwgGbv