1 ... 4 5 6
dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
3/8/12 8:42 a.m.

The Russians were awesome and one highlight of the weekend was hearing one of them say "Giggity Giggity" in their excellent Russian accent. I wish I had a recording of that.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
3/8/12 9:10 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: Yeah, Toyman, sorry we missed you for that. Westside, were you on the pile-on? Didn't see you in the sea of folks. The free beer was from the Duff beer guys - they make their own and label it Duff. it's nice stuff, too.

No, I heard it(the scraping/laughing) from a far and golf carted over and monitored the situation. Thinking about renting an RV next time, the Hongs found a huge crab spider in the trailer I slept in.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/8/12 9:47 a.m.
westsidetalon wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Yeah, Toyman, sorry we missed you for that. Westside, were you on the pile-on? Didn't see you in the sea of folks. The free beer was from the Duff beer guys - they make their own and label it Duff. it's nice stuff, too.
No, I heard it(the scraping/laughing) from a far and golf carted over and monitored the situation. Thinking about renting an RV next time, the Hongs found a huge crab spider in the trailer I slept in.

I'm guessing there was no shortage of 6-8 legged wildlife in our room at the econo-lodge. And I'm not just talking about me wayne & les playing "human centipede."

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 Reader
3/9/12 8:46 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: I'm guessing there was no shortage of 6-8 legged wildlife in our room at the econo-lodge. And I'm not just talking about me wayne & les playing "human centipede."

That is seriously disturbing, but I laughed, so I'm not sure what it says about me.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/9/12 1:50 p.m.

We usually get hotel rooms (I basically live at a Holiday Inn Express).

We pay for:

Gas (about $700.00 including the haul).

2 new tires ($350.00)

oil and other "stuff" ($200.00)

Trackday on Friday ($150.00)

Entrance fee ($1000.00)

Misc.. ($350.00)

Total price for a race weekend: a little less than $3000.00 This is split 4 ways. It works out to about $750.00 per person per weekend.

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
3/12/12 9:23 a.m.

If you're replacing the trailer and tow vehicle each weekend you're really doing something wrong!!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/12/12 9:25 a.m.

Lol.

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
3/12/12 12:07 p.m.

So far yes!

(I haven't driven the same car twice at a Lemons event, yet. Gonna break that record in April.)

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/12/12 1:53 p.m.

In reply to mguar:

I wouldn't count trailer and tow vehicle. The trailer is a homemade pile of crap that somebody gave me. The tow vehicle is my dd.

The car was bought for $500.00 with a roll cage.

I replaced a few fuses and a battery cable ($20.00).

I put in new front ball joints ($50.00)

new tie rods ($30.00)

used Bilstein shocks (about $30.00 a piece for a gbody)

new brake pads ($200 for the entire car)

New tires ($600.00)

New safety harness (120.00)

New wheels (250.00)

That was for the first race. The car has had some "changes" since then due to the residual value after races.

Soooo, all in for the car we were about $1800.00 for the car for that first race.

The car has gone through many iterations since then. It is now a manual trans, has fuel injection (TBI), and a serpentine belt setup. These cost about $700.00 total from the original starting point.

Rob

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ssWYxczGCHocdrAuESKgDviSiL7p3VpjPs8y46GF36jJ7zPha0gO4V6xXecBnUxX