1 2 3
BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
9/18/24 11:41 p.m.

Old Top Gear, the "first cars for teen drivers" challenge involving a Hyundai Scoupe, VW Golf, and a Volvo wagon with an anarchy flag through the back window.

That was a good one.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/19/24 1:07 a.m.

I want to go to Vietnam because of these shiny happy people. laugh

Milburn Emery
Milburn Emery New Reader
9/19/24 7:02 a.m.

Loved all the "Stars in ordinary cars..."   haha  Hamilton in 4 door econobox using the FI line and sliding sideways...

Clarkson in open cockpit with open mouth wind blown  pic...  best ever...

DavyZ
DavyZ Reader
9/19/24 11:52 a.m.

Back in the early to mid 2000's when I first discovered their show, I wondered why the best car program available was from the BBC and not from some car show in the USA.  I didn't really find anything else that could match Top Gear in terms of filming, humor, cars, format, etc., so I basically became a Top Gear fan because my wife and I (and even some of my kids) loved watching the show--it really had something for everyone.  The American version of Top Gear held no interest for me at all and I was happy that, when Jeremy Clarkson was fired, Hammond and May followed him to Grand Tour where we could see even more of their antics and even better filming, producing, and content.  The boys have aged out of being able to pull off the same kind of shows, but at least they have moved on in their own shows which are made at their own pace and in their own style.  I just don't have the time to watch everything that is available now :)  

Also, for those of you who drink gin, James Gin asian parsnip gin is fantastic.  Because it must be shipped, it's a bit more expensive than what is 'standard' at a liquor store, but boy is it delicious!

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/24 11:52 a.m.
Iusedtobefast said:

I always loved the Caravan episode. Any time they pranked each other or rolled something off a cliff, I always laughed. My son and I have had a lot of father/son time watching these guys and we will miss them. 

I LOVED this episode.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w90sOSNPjVNWCoSA6zcRseIShyUWjYOh7H2aCRjhj4F8rX83Ptkh0CAOk3TJXdYs