1 2 3 4 ... 12
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/18/22 9:00 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Stormtrooper :

i've only met your dad a few times but like you said this is a family.  i'm in Canton, only a few miles down the road from you.  let me know if there's anything i can do for you.

Same. I've met him at a few of the GRM Detroit get-togethers. I'm in Brighton, but I'll repeat the offer, anything you or your family need, just PM me. In the meantime, I'm sending him positive vibes, too.

pkingham (Forum Supporter)
pkingham (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/18/22 9:25 p.m.

Wow sounds rough. I've really enjoyed talking to you guys at C&C and other places, and the Miata is running wheels we got from Warren. We are about 15 min from Warren's place. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/18/22 9:54 p.m.

Wow all my thoughts are going towards him. We emailed last week and he said his hip was hurting. Positive vibes going to Michigan.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/18/22 9:54 p.m.

Same as the others have said; I'm a little further away but let us know if we can help in any way. I'll be praying for warren and you guys as well.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/18/22 9:59 p.m.

Ryan,  I am very sorry you and your family are going through this.  I never met your father though I am in the local area.  If you need anything we are local and have resources in healthcare as well as other areas. If you need help please reach out.  

Definitely gone now
Definitely gone now SuperDork
3/18/22 10:09 p.m.

Hey when the folks on the GRM forum say "can we help you somehow?", they actually mean it and DO something about it. I will never forget reading about how they took a deceased member's Miata, swapped an RX7 engine into it, and auctioned it off to help said member's daughter. These folks are some of the best humans on the internet. So when they say "can we help?", I implore to actually let them. It can be difficult to allow strangers to put themselves out for us, but by doing so we allow them to help us, and they actually end up helping themselves too. Psychologically it's proven that doing for others is therapy for the mind. I wish Deadsunk well. I will pray for him tonight. 

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
3/18/22 10:18 p.m.

Thanks for letting us know what's happening with your Dad.  I'm another local guy and I've met you both at Detroit area functions.  Good thoughts headed in your families direction.  

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
3/18/22 10:56 p.m.

I've enjoyed several great times with your family, and I'm absolutely thinking about you tonight and until we hear more good news.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/18/22 10:56 p.m.

Positive vibes for Warren. Hoping to hear better news pronto. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
3/18/22 11:06 p.m.

All I can say is "well E36 M3."

This has not been a good week here.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/22 11:34 p.m.

Dangit, Warren... fight hard, buddy.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/22 11:46 p.m.

Pulling for deadskunk from here.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/22 7:50 a.m.

Oh man.....  Thanks for letting us know.  

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
3/19/22 8:52 a.m.

Staph infections are scary stuff.  Hopefully things continue to improve and he pulls through ok. 

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper New Reader
3/19/22 9:26 a.m.

Thank you everyone. 

My brother Keenan (bonelesschicken), my Mom and I all appreciate the support.

We'll let you know if there's anything we need. Thank you all for the kind offers.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
3/19/22 9:30 a.m.

Praying for your dad and a speedy recovery.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/19/22 9:42 a.m.

Man, Staph infection and bloodstream are two things you never want to  use in the same sentence. 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/19/22 9:46 a.m.

Here are good wishes and speedy recovery from the Philadelphia area. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/19/22 9:49 a.m.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Sorry you are going through this. 

drock25too
drock25too GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/19/22 11:09 a.m.

Sorry to hear this, praying for Warren and all of you.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/19/22 11:11 a.m.

Warren and I have bought and sold stuff to each other a couple of times.  He's a good person. I wish him and your family well.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/22 2:09 p.m.

Ryan,

i don't know you but my family is friends with your dad, brother, and mother.  Their home is a favorite stop of ours in Michigan, and it's a pleasure hanging out in the garage with your dad and both your parents have welcomed us into their home.  All 4 of us are saddened by this situation and pulling for warren.  If your family needs anything we'll be passing through nearby in a couple weeks, don't hesitate to reach out.  

Patrick Guzowski 

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI New Reader
3/19/22 4:17 p.m.

Good luck Warren. I'll be thinking of you. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/22 4:42 p.m.

Let us know if you need anything, Ryan.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/19/22 4:46 p.m.

Stunned when I read this.  You have my number if there is anything I can do beyond positive thoughts.

Fight hard buddy, we want you to finish that project!

-Jeff

Edit: you probably don't have my number. I'm sure it's in your dad's phone if you need it. Or PM me.

1 2 3 4 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cKN6eLSKxFTzmg5AucPFSazSGlF7htIf0rTgxrxc2NuCzJqLJ9AQWlc2xwJISktk