1 2
jv8
jv8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/8/13 5:12 a.m.

As a gearhead dad my dream DD is the CTS-V wagon.

So will the resale value drop like a rock because nobody in the US wants a station wagon? It is selling in very low numbers at the moment.

Or will resale hold decently because production will stop at the upcoming CTS refresh. With so few examples in the market... where else are you going to get a 550hp wagon w/ manual trans?

Storz
Storz Dork
11/8/13 5:30 a.m.

You and me both!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/8/13 6:01 a.m.

I don't think it will be that great. I mean you are talking about a very rare car. It's .05% of all CTS sales for all transmissions. Only about 1200-1300 on the ground. When you just look at manuals, I bet you are looking at under 400 made

It's going to be something that will be in demand and will probably hold its value very well.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/8/13 7:46 a.m.

I can see one rolling into a dealer as a trade in.

"Stick shift wagon? Not much demand for those, we'll give you (insert absurdly low offer)"

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
11/8/13 8:03 a.m.

I see more V wagons than non-V wagons on the road strangely. In either case, the wagon is a rare bird. The non-V wagon has depreciated, and my understanding is they have been hard to move from lots.

A 3.6 premium/performance w/AWD is still a nice package, especially slightly used.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
11/8/13 8:51 a.m.

Sorry I think this one is going to hold 70% msrp of its value for the foreseeable future. Unless, and its a big one, they make a new one with the new bodystyle.

Automatic not so much.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
11/8/13 9:03 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Sorry I think this one is going to hold 70% msrp of its value for the foreseeable future. Unless, and its a big one, they make a new one with the new bodystyle. Automatic not so much.

I bet even the auto's will hold their value exceptionally well. Not as well as the manuals, but the vehicle will still be pretty unicornish

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
11/8/13 9:12 a.m.

I don't see them dropping much.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/13 9:42 a.m.

They will drop for 5 years, then rise for 5 years, then will cost more used than new.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/8/13 9:46 a.m.

How's the resale on a Pontiac G8 GXP?

jv8
11/8/13 9:55 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Sorry I think this one is going to hold 70% msrp of its value for the foreseeable future. Unless, and its a big one, they make a new one with the new bodystyle.

I don't know if I'm sorry... it's a lot easier to fork over major money if I'm confident much of the value will still be there on the back end.

I've had good luck with niche vehicles before. There's a big difference between purchase price and total depreciation hit.

Just trying to time the curve...

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/13 10:30 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: How's the resale on a Pontiac G8 GXP?

Bingo-bango.

The CTS-V Wagon will be valuable for a long time. Heck, look at resale on the Mazda6 wagon with a stick...

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
11/8/13 12:25 p.m.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Same with the E55 wagon, and to a slightly lesser extent the E63 wagon as well.

I say unfortunately because I need one for a 'Project', and the cost of admission is too high to justify it anytime soon.

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
11/8/13 1:37 p.m.

2 for sale nationwide at the moment. The cheap one is $44k.

Autotrader cadillac Wagons Manual trans.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
11/8/13 1:48 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: How's the resale on a Pontiac G8 GXP?
Bingo-bango. The CTS-V Wagon will be valuable for a long time. Heck, look at resale on the Mazda6 wagon with a stick...

+1

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
11/8/13 1:55 p.m.
motomoron wrote: 2 for sale nationwide at the moment. The cheap one is $44k. Autotrader cadillac Wagons Manual trans.

44k is cheaper than I expected tbh.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/8/13 2:05 p.m.

Forester XT and Legacy GT wagons are the same. There's only ever like 5 of em, and damned if the enthusiasts don't keep selling them to each other so everyone gets a turn.

jv8
11/8/13 6:30 p.m.
Cotton wrote:
motomoron wrote: 2 for sale nationwide at the moment. The cheap one is $44k. Autotrader cadillac Wagons Manual trans.
44k is cheaper than I expected tbh.

That particular one ($44K) has a rebuilt title. Air bag deployed / severe damage reported.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/8/13 7:26 p.m.

To a lesser extent (price wise), the Volvo V70R with a manual falls into that category. They are rarely for sale, and when they do pop up, they command big dollars, relative to the other Volvo wagons.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
11/8/13 10:18 p.m.

Yet no one gives a rat's ass about the B-Body wagons of yesteryear.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
11/9/13 8:07 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Yet no one gives a rat's ass about the B-Body wagons of yesteryear.

I'll take because they are slow for $200 Alex?

And homely looking. Impala Ss sedan equals sex. fake vinyl wood sided estate wagon of similiar era doesnotequal sex.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
11/9/13 1:19 p.m.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4096641776.html

plus roof rack = win.

calteg
calteg Reader
11/9/13 1:23 p.m.

From my understanding, every 6spd wagon was special order only. They'll likely depreciate for another year or two, then start creeping back up.

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/9/13 2:11 p.m.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
11/9/13 2:39 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4096641776.html plus roof rack = win.

This is the CTS you should be buying.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qnI2i9LH2FQzOOYSzNYWB09Rz0Jd5owVoWTcbOnqnF0OVWNIP0CtGcDnncG3KcgO