1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 43
bentwrench
bentwrench HalfDork
9/19/15 7:02 p.m.
wbjones wrote: so far the only broadcast I can find for the race in the morning is at 4:30a … I just won't be up for that … so I guess it's just another F1 race I'll miss

My DVR doesn't miss these usually. I put the races on to put me to sleep, works like a charm!

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
9/19/15 7:57 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

For me it is live in CNBC tomorrow. Maybe check more of the NBC family of channels. Or just watch online NBCSN Live same show different commercials.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/15 9:03 a.m.

Semi interesting race....

Some idiotic contact.

Lots of retirements.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/20/15 11:26 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: Semi interesting race.... Some idiotic contact. Lots of retirements.

F1 Haiku?

Hal
Hal SuperDork
9/20/15 11:34 a.m.

Most accurate place to find TV racing schedules is TVracer.com

Shows the major stuff a week or two in advance and usually is up to date on everything by Friday.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/20/15 1:06 p.m.

schedules I'm not so concerned with … it's the continually changing TV channel coverage that keeps PO'ing me

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
9/20/15 2:22 p.m.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Hamilton unable to complete a mythical statistics fact.

MB were way confused. Odd to see.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
9/21/15 12:22 a.m.

Kudos to Alexander Rossi for an excellent first F1 race - finished, brought the car home in one piece, blew off his teammate, handled letting the leaders through after the second safety car without any drama for them or for him (even though he had no radio contact, which was why he couldn't take the wave-by and get one of his laps back). Looking forward to seeing how he does the rest of the season (except for Russia and Abu Dhabi, where he has GP2 commitments). Great drive.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
9/21/15 8:17 a.m.

Agreed great drive for Rossi, hopefully these next races will turn into something positive next year. I am not sure I agree with Hulk getting a penalty, Hulk could have gone wide, but there is clag and Massa, could have slowed down as Hulk had a full head of steam going into the corner on a hot track.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/21/15 8:33 a.m.

with the mirrors they have … odds are Massa couldn't see him at all …. (tough entry on to the track …right at turnin for that corner) Hulk could see him from WAY back … what little racing I've done has been on a track that has a pitt out very much like that … us coming down the front straight can see the cars entering the track … and if they stay inside the blend line, it's up to us to miss them … makes it tough … clag … sure .. but loosing a bit of time for cleaning off tires is better than getting punted into the wall … just my 2¢

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/15 8:36 a.m.

Rossi beat three world champions, too Pretty good first drive.

Man, the cars were close for the last three laps, mostly as they passed Maldonado. A little bit toooo close in one case.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
9/21/15 9:08 a.m.

I think my favorite was Verstappen getting the team order to swap positions with Sainz and him immediately barking back with "NO!". Totally sounded like a teenager in his response and I'm glad he didn't move. Looks like Tost backed him up for not following team orders.

My second favorite is when they gave Button about 8 different things to do in one communication and he responded with, "Should I pat my head and rub my belly, too?".

Great race. Sorry to see the Merc's with motor troubles only because I want the others to beat them in a head to head rather than for mechanical/electrical difficulties.

-Rob

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
9/21/15 9:16 a.m.

In reply to wbjones: I agree with you as a amateur racer, but as modern as F1 is, these drivers are communicated all this information and the positions, I am sure, both of them were told, "don't let him by/pass him".

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/21/15 9:27 a.m.

Hulk would have gotten past before the next corner (my opinion) even with OPR on his tires, he would have gotten through the corner with more speed … (pit lane speed limit, v. straight away speed) AND tires up to temp …

as for "don't let the other pass you" Massa, couldn't really affect that …his only choice was to do what he did, or stand on the brakes … he HAD to follow the blend line … Hulk had the choice to try to force the issue or find the safe way around and be able to continue to race … he made his choice

again just my 2¢

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
9/21/15 12:21 p.m.

Button to retire???

So does that mean Mags is staying... and if he does... who drives the 2nd Haas car???

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
9/21/15 12:30 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: and if he does... who drives the 2nd Haas car???

Gross Jeans it is...........

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
9/22/15 9:33 a.m.

So hugely dissapointed at how not GRM F1 tickets are for the Mexico City event. The cheapest tickets are $613 each before fees. I may be able to work a necessary work trip to fit the race timing but I'll need to get a ticket for one of my lical gys to come with me for safety. I've been to races all over the world and never paid more than $200 a ticket...

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/22/15 10:23 a.m.

So now Red Bull is threatening to quit after this year if it can't get works Ferrari engines and not customer engines. They need to build their own, quit, or shut up. Ferrari doesn't have to sell them engines.

Where is it written that others are responsible for your performance?

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
9/22/15 10:48 a.m.

Wondering if there is truth to the rumors that VW will buy the Redbull team?

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/22/15 10:51 a.m.

Given VWs current trouble and stock devaluation, I wonder if they still can.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
9/22/15 12:42 p.m.

I think this clearly shows how difficult it is to work the Redbull teams, there always seems to be some sort of controversy surrounding them. I find it a stretch that VW wants to play in F1 after watching Honda struggle (not enough testing) and watching Renault relationship with Redbull (basically Redbull ruining it).

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/22/15 4:31 p.m.
racerdave600 wrote: So now Red Bull is threatening to quit after this year if it can't get works Ferrari engines and not customer engines. They need to build their own, quit, or shut up. Ferrari doesn't have to sell them engines. Where is it written that others are responsible for your performance?

and they did it to themselves … you burn your bridges BEFORE you have something else in place … tough E36 M3 …

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/22/15 8:00 p.m.

In talking to the Mexican FIA marshalls that were up at COTA for the lone star lemans weekend, That race sold out in no time flat. They had so many applicants to work the race that they had those filled really early.

That track may kill COTA since 42% of the attendees for last year's were from mexico.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
9/23/15 8:33 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
racerdave600 wrote: So now Red Bull is threatening to quit after this year if it can't get works Ferrari engines and not customer engines. They need to build their own, quit, or shut up. Ferrari doesn't have to sell them engines. Where is it written that others are responsible for your performance?
and they did it to themselves … you burn your bridges BEFORE you have something else in place … tough E36 M3 …

Couldn't agree more.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/23/15 9:08 a.m.

they have no engine program .. no one will sell them a competitive engine … guess they're out for the foreseeable future after this year

1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WJQBBELReo59WDrCZC5iBtq9xvQOPvE0MuFVwT9wQHHhmD0woodWN8bs9TAi9nsf