dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/24 3:18 p.m.

Anyone Going?   I should be there with my M5.  I have never been to one of these before but I thought it looked like a fun event to go and see a whole bunch of really cool cars.

If you are thinking of going you have to sign up in advance (it is free).  From what I can see any cars are welcome.  I don't think you even have to bring a car to the "show".

From what I can see they just line up the cars on the track making it a huge car show/cars and coffee type thing.  

toconn
toconn New Reader
8/10/24 12:28 a.m.

Not sure I'll make this particular one, but I've gone to half a dozen of these Limerock shows since they started doing em a few years ago. They typically do featured marquee parking on the main straight and then everyone else parks on the infield parking lot - spectators and show cars alike. It's a good cars and coffee, there's usually a cool lineup on the main straight and then a bunch of hidden gems out in the general parking area. 

The limerock show to catch is the labor day weekend historic festival show. You get to walk the entire track and it's typically filled. The entries are somewhat screened so it's nothing but super cool stuff. They had a Ferrari 250GTO there last year.... I think it was last year, maybe the year before. Post-covid world is strange...

dean1484
8/10/24 5:12 p.m.

My M5 was "accepted" what ever that means. Probibly nothing but we will see. 

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
8/10/24 6:54 p.m.

Don't think I can make it, but I might manage to get there for the Vintage Festival over Labor Day weekend.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/24 10:33 p.m.

I went to a few of their shows and had a really good time.  It's not as big as the Labor Day one but a nice mix of cars. Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow but hopefully I'll get to the next one. 

fatallightning
fatallightning HalfDork
8/14/24 3:12 p.m.

I might, it's kind of the closing event for Gridlife, so it should be a bit busier than normal. Depends on the forecast.

dean1484
8/15/24 9:42 a.m.
02Pilot said:

Don't think I can make it, but I might manage to get there for the Vintage Festival over Labor Day weekend.

Ohhh. That is somthing I have done in the past.  Really fun event.  

dean1484
8/15/24 9:46 a.m.

Looks like rain Sunday.   I don't want to drive the M5 almost 3 hours in the rain to this and I am sure attendance will be much lower if it is raining.  

I am playing this by ear at this point. I think there are at least two more of these this year.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1tGjhBSVPTb1wcymEbUUi0SkbbQZvyaVv2II2pYISDXACC0VHeBnoMMLc21lDvrR