ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
10/26/23 12:45 p.m.
feature_image

With our Nissan Frontier becoming our go-to camera car these days, we decided that we needed to upgrade to a better set of tires.

While we don’t plan on taking our two-wheel drive truck on any off-road trails, we wanted a set of tires that can get us out of a sticky situation–whether that’s in the FIRM’s infield or on …

Read the rest of the story

John_Galt828
John_Galt828 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/26/23 3:19 p.m.

I will take your word for it and get these tires to replace the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S that I have now. 

ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
10/26/23 3:27 p.m.

In reply to John_Galt828 :

After driving on the Falkens for a while I have to say they are everything I was expecting. They have great road manners and the few times I have taken the truck off the pavement they performed great.

BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
10/26/23 4:59 p.m.

I would expect there is massive market demand for a tire that can do a great job on the highway - quiet, smooth ride, and good mileage - and then be competent on dirt roads, mud, snow, etc. You know, the full range of conditions you hope you'll encounter on a really good road trip.

Not sure what the competition is for these Falkens, and curious to see how this tire market segment develops.

te72
te72 HalfDork
10/26/23 8:16 p.m.

My ramp truck could use some new tires next season, the ones on there are getting a bit old for my comfort, and the whole purpose of that truck is to haul the Exocet to tracks out of town, so... I want reliable tires on it. No sense in chancing it.

Glad to hear these are versatile. Never know what kind of weather you will run into around here...

No Time
No Time UltraDork
10/26/23 9:05 p.m.

I'm not surprised to hear the Rubitrek performed well in that application. 

I have the Falken Wildpeak A/T on my grand Cherokee and they have been great. They're quiet on the highway and are well behaved and confidence inspiring in the wet and snow. 

I wouldn't hesitate to go with them again or a one of the other Falken offerings when it's time to replace them. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iJiH32vgl6mpD0aqTiRrcucoDO4CSqBH3SGHRhO1IzcAlGIynqLmSoqodFyCddS8