1 2 3
java230
java230 UltraDork
4/26/18 5:13 p.m.
kb58 said:

"Good, good, I feel the desire growing within you."

Yeah I have a feeling this is going to be bad..... soooo Midlana is still an option, I just see it taking 5 years. I am not sure I want that. But I can get a engine only harness from Ford which would make that easy. Its Stupid $$$ though. I am trying to see if the 45" width is workable however.

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
4/27/18 10:04 a.m.

mk1 Ford Capri

BG chassis Mazda 323 (and I think just do a normal FWD install, just to make this more do-able)

Fox Mustang

USERNAMETAKEN
USERNAMETAKEN GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/27/18 10:39 a.m.

Yeah I have a feeling this is going to be bad..... soooo Midlana is still an option, I just see it taking 5 years. I am not sure I want that. But I can get a engine only harness from Ford which would make that easy. Its Stupid $$$ though. I am trying to see if the 45" width is workable however.

For my TVR project, I bought the control pack and balance shaft delete kit for a little under $1500.  Don't know that I'd call that Stupid $$$.  I guess if you want the project to be a challenge car then it would be expensive.  But it the context of a Midlana build, I'd say it's sort of in line with what things cost.

And I think you should do the Midlana!  That thing is crazy cool!

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
4/27/18 12:11 p.m.

I'll just leave these here - Midlana with its roof-mounted intercooler ducting, which works amazing.

During the dyno tune, they pointed a fan at the front of the car to mimic vehicle speed. After a run I touched the rear (inlet side) of the intercooler and nearly burned my hand, it was that hot. Touched the output side and it was virtually room temperature. The inlet edge of the duct looks odd because it was sat loose temporarily on the car to get a picture. Certainly changes the look of the car, and cut down on wind turbulence by at least half.

java230
java230 UltraDork
4/27/18 1:42 p.m.

That is nice.....

I think what I need is an unfinished midlana project to take over! A chassis more or less and I can re-do the engine bits.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oUrvYwB3LoQL2wWbJUe2IjkGWanh2YxxOtoiwSrIUj3oQusNVMnIVu5aEo3qV5op